JackinChat forums are temporarily in read-only mode. Will be back soon!
Message Boards
Page: of 1  
Sparkie Enlightened Jackinchatter

4345 posts since 2005-08-16
53 year old heterosexual male from Kansas City
Forgive my ignorance and inexperiece in this matter, but I think I am being flirted with by two women who are younger than me. One at each place that I work. Even my wife and mother-in-law state that one of the females has a crush on me. I don't buy it though.

The other female is supposed to get married in a couple of weeks and for at least a month now has been telling me how good I smell and asking me what type of cologne I use. Everytime I tell her that I don't wear cologne and the smell is just from the soap I use (Coast -- the eye opener). But everytime I have to work on her computer she always asks me the same question.

I'm no Brad Pitt, Tom Cruise or Tom Selleck so it makes me wonder if they are flirting with me why??

So --- How can I tell if I am being flirted with and how do I get them to stop?
WTF Do you want now?
Add a reply Quote this post
User is offline Send Message to User View User Profile
Anna Skilled Jackinchatter
Eat, Sleep, Fuck
958 posts since 2004-10-23
heterosexual from USA
Confront them next time and tell them that some of their comments might be inappropriate or that they make you feel uncomfortable due to both of your situations. Also express that they would be warranted if you were both single individuals but you're not.

And maybe the one chick isn't used to clean-smelling guys?
Website and Chatroom Administrator
Danny Skilled Jackinchatter

628 posts since 2005-08-16
38 year old bisexual from MO
I take it you don't want to play around a little on the side.

The best stopper would be a sexual harrassment charge (or even the threat of one).
MistressApril Novice Jackinchatter

4 posts since 2005-09-21
38 year old heterosexual from Indiana
I disagree about the sexual harrassment charge. I think that it would be best to confront them first, ask them to stop, and see where that gets you. If you do like this girl, profesionaly, then why make tension in the work place? I'm sure you'd have to face her even after the sexual harrassment threat and that would just be akward. (In my opinion). If it continues then take a stronger approach.
bow chikie bow wow...
Administrator Amateur Jackinchatter
Administrator
334 posts since 2004-10-24
heterosexual male from Canada
JackinChat Staff MemberAdministrator's Avatar
I think we're all getting ahead of ourselves.

I think there are some people that are just naturally flirty. They don't mean any harm by it and might not even realize they're doing it. Just because she likes the smell of your soap doesn't mean she wants you or the thought even crossed her mind.

If you come right out and tell her to quit it, she might have no idea what you're talking about and consider you very presumptuous.

Unless they are making clear advances to you, my advice is to just loosen up a little and consider it a friendly, light-hearted gesture between work friends rather than an advance.

I flirt all the time with my female friends. We're all well aware that we're just kidding around, so there's no problem regardless of everyone's relationship status.

Whatever you do, just be careful you're sure of what's going on, because it can totally backfire if you make an issue out of something which isn't an issue.
Anna Skilled Jackinchatter
Eat, Sleep, Fuck
958 posts since 2004-10-23
heterosexual from USA
Be a smartass and buy her a bar of soap for her next birthday.
hehe
Website and Chatroom Administrator
StewieGriffin Novice Jackinchatter

63 posts since 2005-08-19
42 year old bisexual from Florida
Then you can be all like, "SEE!! IT IS MY SOAP!!!!"
"Meanwhile, under Meg Griffin's bra...

They one female that is engaged, I have no interest in what-so-ever. In fact her father works in the office with us. Confronting her might present more long term problems than solve them. For now I only converse with her when needed.

The second female, is someone that I would enjoy being friends with and really don't mind the flirting too much. My only burning desire is to know whether or not she is really interested in me. Like I said, my wife and mother-in-law have both stated to me that the girl has a crush on me. Personally, I am flattered that a younger woman is interested in me. But, do I dare go up to her and ask if she has a crush on me? I don't think so.
WTF Do you want now?
SirJacksALot Amateur Jackinchatter

167 posts since 2005-08-28
56 year old curious from Kansas
I say let it go,

Why ask why??? If shes good looking, and you dont mind her flirting, and your not really doing anything wrong, then let her do it!!!

We all need our ego stroked now and then!!
Lower back tatoo = Doggy style loving freak, Do you agree?

Good point SirJack. I'm not getting any younger and just having the thought that a younger woman is interested in me is pretty cool. Plus I have been married for 9 1/2 years and want to make it to ten.

My wife does joke that if she wants me that bad that she have me.amazedrazz
WTF Do you want now?
VeryCoolJerkinBud Novice Jackinchatter

79 posts since 2005-08-25
48 year old heterosexual from New York, NY
Tell them that "the itch" is back in full force. LOL just kidding.

I would just confront them and be honest. if your uncomfy with it all just tell them you aint interested.
To be happy is to be naked :-)
Federica Novice Jackinchatter

66 posts since 2005-08-15
from uk
Sorry I can't believe that flirting is a problem. It's one of life's pleasures. If it went further and was objectionable then I'd speak out but pretty nice to feel appreciated I'd have thought.... especially you Sparkie!frown
lion3452 Novice Jackinchatter

51 posts since 2023-09-20
34 year old
Great question
Page: of 1