JackinChat forums are temporarily in read-only mode. Will be back soon!
Message Boards
Index » Masturbation » For Him » Testosterone
Page: of 1  
lakecountyjack Novice Jackinchatter

8 posts since 2010-09-14
54 year old curious from Vernon Hills IL
I am 40 and notices that I have a low sex drive and am tired a lot and gained weight. I also had psychiatric problems most of my adulthood with depression and insomnia etc. I recently ran into reading about testosterone and how it plays into your overall body health. If it is on the low side it can cause lots of my systems. Has anyone ran into researching about testosterone or had blood work done or went through testosterone therapy? I got mine tested and it was 387 witch is on a low normal side as the cut off is 300. I was told that Dr. like to see it up at 500-800 range as it is healthy. No wonder I am a slacker and do not love to exercise. Could the testosterone be the source of most of my problems? After all this hormone is what makes us Men. Let me know of any feedback or thoughts or stories you guys might like to share or send me a message if you don't feel like posting here. Thanks.
Add a reply Quote this post
User is offline Send Message to User View User Profile
TOstroker Novice Jackinchatter

29 posts since 2008-03-15
40 year old curious from toronto
I had the same symptoms as a result of painkillers I needed to take(legally) lowering my testosterone, So my doctor put me on testosterone and it made a huge difference. it's quite common for people taking stronger opiates to take testosterone since it lowers it in most men. Mine was very low and is now normal. I'll be off of both soon, a couple months, since I'm working my way down on the painkillers and require smaller doses of testosterone. so it seems that, for me at least, you don't have to be on it permanently if you do find out why it was low to start. I also have a underactive thyroid that will cause pretty much the same symptoms(aside from the lower sex drive), but with the proper medication I feel great now. Try a small dose and see how it goes, since there's little if any negative effects. It may also be worth getting your thyroid checked.
Cockflesh Amateur Jackinchatter

234 posts since 2009-12-31
66 year old bisexual from Ohio
I had the same symptoms for years, not realizing that they weren't normal: fatigue, lack of drive, lack of interest in very many things, low sex drive, etc. My T-level was below 200. Tried Androgel product, but it worked sporadically, the absorption through the skin being somewhat variable. Have been on bi-monthly injections (in my butt) of T and this is much better! Evens me out at a "normal" level, finally!
Yes, T not only has the expected influence on the body, but also controls the release of a number of OTHER hormones, so is important to get it corrected. Your doctor will know the best course of action.
Good luck!
Creamaster Professional Jackinchatter

1026 posts since 2009-03-14
60 year old bisexual from Ottawa, Ontario
Cockflesh said:
I had the same symptoms for years, not realizing that they weren't normal: fatigue, lack of drive, lack of interest in very many things, low sex drive, etc. My T-level was below 200. Tried Androgel product, but it worked sporadically, the absorption through the skin being somewhat variable. Have been on bi-monthly injections (in my butt) of T and this is much better! Evens me out at a "normal" level, finally!
Yes, T not only has the expected influence on the body, but also controls the release of a number of OTHER hormones, so is important to get it corrected. Your doctor will know the best course of action.
Good luck!

What has been the effect of T shots on your masturbating--quality and quantity?
Do you crave big balls?
Striker58 Novice Jackinchatter

43 posts since 2009-12-01
72 year old curious from Indiana
I've now been taking T injections for over a year and the affects have been noticeable, but not "earthshaking". I do feel better, have more energy, more interest and more sex drive. Sex drive was significantly greater, about like I was 30 again, and luckily my wife didn't mind more sex, but, a few months ago, I was diagnosed with high blood pressure (not connected to the T injections) and now the meds I'm taking for that have done away with my sex drive, my long lasting erections, and now my wood is more like a green sapling, if you know what I mean, Lol. You should get it checked and it will make a difference in your life.
matman Novice Jackinchatter

79 posts since 2009-04-21
from Central New Jersey
Some bp meds will do it to you. I am 60,have diabetes and have low testosterone and tried the patch but don't really like it. The thing I miss most is really jerking off but the next time I go to my urologist I am asking him about taking injections.
Hang in there.
Page: of 1  
Index » Masturbation » For Him » Testosterone