JackinChat forums are temporarily in read-only mode. Will be back soon!
Message Boards
Index » General » Coffee Shop » Masturbation: The History of a Great Terror
Page: of 1  
Unregistered ?

I recently finished this fascinating book. The authors give a compelling account of why our culture has vilified masturbation; it was a moral panic that had surprisingly little to do with religion or ideology. Guys like me who enjoy castration threats and enforced chastity will find it exciting as well. Highly recommended.
Add a reply Quote this post
Founditat7 Amateur Jackinchatter

194 posts since 2013-06-28
68 year old homosexual from Southwest USA
frostee_cold said:
I recently finished this fascinating book. The authors give a compelling account of why our culture has vilified masturbation; it was a moral panic that had surprisingly little to do with religion or ideology. Guys like me who enjoy castration threats and enforced chastity will find it exciting as well. Highly recommended.

OK....and the title and author is??
User is offline Send Message to User View User Profile
j_bryon Amateur Jackinchatter

456 posts since 2005-08-12
50 year old heterosexual male from Southern Wisconsin
Founditat7 said:
OK....and the title and author is??

Yeah, title/author please?
Jacking when it's necessary and it's necessary often.
User is offline Send Message to User View User Profile
Unregistered ?

Looks really interesting! May have to seek a secondhand copy though at that price!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Masturbation-The-History-Great-Terror/dp/0312224435

"a funny and frightening history of attitudes towards masturbation and how they have affected the sex lives of pretty much everyone living and breathing today. From the French biologist, Tissot, the original spoll-sport who turned masturbation into the scourge of young men everywhere, to the punitive German courts, to the surgical preventatives of continental Europe and England (don't ask!), to the Boy Scouts of America. It's all here, it isn't pretty but it's certainly fascinating. Includes 14 pages of illustrations!"
Unregistered ?

Mind you, readers also bought:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Solitary-Sex-Cultural-History-Masturbation/dp/1890951331/ref=pd_bxgy_b_img_y/280-5413871-0937516

but then some who looked at these ended up buying long term prisoner Charles Bronson's book 'Solitary Fitness' about how he keeps fit in jail! probably not through wanking.
Page: of 1  
Index » General » Coffee Shop » Masturbation: The History of a Great Terror