JackinChat forums are temporarily in read-only mode. Will be back soon!
Message Boards
Page: of 1  
Unregistered ?

I was having a discussion this week about whether or not people seem to be more inhibited with their real-life partners than their online partners. Is this the case for you? Why do you think that is? Did it just evolve over time that we have learned to repress our sexual desires because we don't think our partners share the same desires? Why can we more easily share them with strangers online? Thanks!
Add a reply Quote this post
gradgrind Amateur Jackinchatter

162 posts since 2007-01-14
43 year old heterosexual
In part I think because being on line hasn't the same immediacy of a face to face encounter. And too perhaps with a live partner perhaps there has previously been an expression of displeasure at some desire, so if a novel thought occurs to one of the partners, he or she may hesitate to express it. So the partner having a new desire has reason to believe it may not be welcome. Just a few ideas maybe there are other reasons.
User is offline Send Message to User View User Profile
TigerLilly Amateur Jackinchatter

178 posts since 2006-07-31
67 year old heterosexual from Midwest
What I have found Secret is that as I have gotten older (as has my husband) we've both become less inhibited. Ten years ago there is no way I would ever have come to a site like this, let alone tell my husband about, or ask him to join it, and come on it with me. We're trying new positions, engaged in online 3-ways (something that isn't going to happen in real life), and exploring new ideas to spice up our marital sex life (after 29 yrs it does need a little sprucing up smooth )
a woman who knows how to use her mouth
Strider Amateur Jackinchatter

349 posts since 2006-03-22
homosexual male from San Francisco
I think people seem to be more inhibited with their real-life partners than their online partners, because the fear of displeasing ones real-life partner, poses a threat that could lead to daily anxiety,or conflict, or loss. Whereas, with an online buddy, there is little chance that any shared information would cause any serious change in ones daily life.
Every time you make an ethical decision, offer support, choose honesty, or lend a helping hand, you make a difference in the world.
quik2cum Novice Jackinchatter

45 posts since 2009-05-20
72 year old heterosexual from Southern Indiana
TigerLilly said:
What I have found Secret is that as I have gotten older (as has my husband) we've both become less inhibited. Ten years ago there is no way I would ever have come to a site like this, let alone tell my husband about, or ask him to join it, and come on it with me. We're trying new positions, engaged in online 3-ways (something that isn't going to happen in real life), and exploring new ideas to spice up our marital sex life (after 29 yrs it does need a little sprucing up smooth )

I agree TigerLilly, my wife and I, after 39 years of marriage, have become more "experimental" and more likely to try new things. We've always been fairly open with our sex lives, but when we were young, some subjects, for some reason, were off limits to talk about or suggest doing. Now it seems like we don't worry about offending each other as much. For example, the other night, my wife, out of the blue, asked if she could watch me jack off, so I did. She just sat there and watched with a smile on her face. I love that woman.
Page: of 1