JackinChat forums are temporarily in read-only mode. Will be back soon!
Message Boards
Index » JackinChat » About JackinChat » Unable to post new discussion
Page: of 2   next > 
Peter_Hardin Omnipitant Jackinchatter

5402 posts since 2015-02-28
74 year old heterosexual male from United States
I'm trying to start a new discussion in Jackin Material. When I finished writing the post, which included text and images, I clicked "submit." But I get an error message that says "There was a problem with your submission:
You must enter a body for your message." This makes no sense -- the message has a body.

Am I missing something? Is something else needed in order to post?
Want to chat and jack off with me about beautiful women and see more pics from my collection? Find me at Discord where I'm Peter Hardin#1528.
Add a reply Quote this post
User is offline Send Message to User View User Profile

Can somebody help me with this? I tried two different browsers (Safari and Firefox) and still the same result. What does it take to start a thread?
Want to chat and jack off with me about beautiful women and see more pics from my collection? Find me at Discord where I'm Peter Hardin#1528.
Adiemus Skilled Jackinchatter

726 posts since 2006-06-13
44 year old homosexual from Michigan
Clicking on Start a new discussion should do it. I am not sure how to duplicate your issue so I can't help you.
Welcome to the Rabbit Hole.

That's exactly what I did in the first place and it won't work. Now I've tried posting an incomplete post -- just a few words -- no images, links or formating. It will let me post that way. Then I go back multiple times to edit my post. But it doesn't always work, and now I'm even having trouble posting replies.

Why is this so damn difficult? Is your host hostile to Macs?

Are there no mods on this forum?

Now I can't post anything on any of the jackin' boards. No matter what message I compose, I get this: "There was a problem with your submission:
You must enter a body for your message."

I honestly don't know what the issue is. Have you tried another browser? Sometimes that will help fix things.
str855m Skilled Jackinchatter

677 posts since 2014-09-06
67 year old heterosexual male
This may sound stupid, but have you tried rebooting? If there's a common piece of software used by both browsers, like Adobe flash, for example, it may need to be reloaded and reinitialized. A longshot, definitely, but give it a shot if you haven't already.

I've rebooted dozens of times since experiencing this problem, and the problem persists. And if you read the entire thread you'll see that I've tried different browsers. The only way I can post is to write just a few words, submit, go back to edit and add a few more words, etc. It can take up to a dozen rounds like this to complete a message.

Real convenient, isn't it?

Is there no one in charge here?
phiilip Professional Jackinchatter

1026 posts since 2011-05-08
68 year old bisexual from UK
Peter_Hardin said:
I'm trying to start a new discussion in Jackin Material. When I finished writing the post, which included text and images, I clicked "submit." But I get an error message that says "There was a problem with your submission:
You must enter a body for your message." This makes no sense -- the message has a body.

Am I missing something? Is something else needed in order to post?

You're not alone. I have the same problem. Especially when I try to reply to a post with a quote or private message. Infuriating when I have composed a longish piece of text. I'm not exactly a dummy when it comes to being tech savvy but I cannot figure out how to solve this.

I should say it doesn't happen all the time and I was able to reply via 'quote' with this. So it is something which is intermittent and I don't know why.
albert_belkin Amateur Jackinchatter

415 posts since 2012-01-05
heterosexual male
phiilip said:
You're not alone. I have the same problem. Especially when I try to reply to a post with a quote or private message. Infuriating when I have composed a longish piece of text. I'm not exactly a dummy when it comes to being tech savvy but I cannot figure out how to solve this.

i havent been able to enter the chat room either .. dont know if that has something to do with it ?

I'm still waiting, after 10 days, for a moderator to address my question.

Peter_Hardin said:
I'm still waiting, after 10 days, for a moderator to address my question.

I am not a mod here but I am staff in the chat room and know a bit about the website. I honestly have no clue how to address your problem. If I could recreate it I would be more then happy to help you address it.

You can obviously post replies to posts but you can not start a new post, if I am understanding things.
phiilip Professional Jackinchatter

1026 posts since 2011-05-08
68 year old bisexual from UK
Adiemus said:
I am not a mod here but I am staff in the chat room and know a bit about the website. I honestly have no clue how to address your problem. If I could recreate it I would be more then happy to help you address it.

You can obviously post replies to posts but you can not start a new post, if I am understanding things.

For me it's the opposite. I can start a new post but not reply to posts or reply privately. I should also say that this doesn't happen all the time and if this reply works then that proves the point.
Page: of 2   next > 
Index » JackinChat » About JackinChat » Unable to post new discussion