JackinChat forums are temporarily in read-only mode. Will be back soon!
Message Boards
Index » JackinChat » About JackinChat » "You must enter a body for your message"
Page: of 2   next > 
onlybyhand Skilled Jackinchatter

765 posts since 2015-05-21
76 year old curious male from United Kingdom
The above appeared when I couldn't submit a message in Personals. As a novice to this site I don't understand this and looking round the site I couldn't find an easy explanation. I was logged in properly. Can you help? Thank you. 'onlybyhand'
Older mature male, good hand trained 7.5+, short flexible foreskin, glans often uncovered.
Add a reply Quote this post
User is offline Send Message to User View User Profile
Adiemus Skilled Jackinchatter

726 posts since 2006-06-13
44 year old homosexual from Michigan
onlybyhand said:
The above appeared when I couldn't submit a message in Personals. As a novice to this site I don't understand this and looking round the site I couldn't find an easy explanation. I was logged in properly. Can you help? Thank you. 'onlybyhand'

I am not sure what causes this error to be honest. The only thing I can suggest is maybe try a different browser. Sorry I couldn't be much more help.
Welcome to the Rabbit Hole.
w_ankah Amateur Jackinchatter

115 posts since 2012-01-14
51 year old curious
Very annoying promblem and to top it, it seems to be quite random. Atleast I couldnt figure out why it does it 5 times in a row and then all of a sudden it sends the message.
jcnewbie01 Skilled Jackinchatter

967 posts since 2013-07-31
46 year old heterosexual from null
I had the same message appear a few weeks ago. Contacted site administrator about it but got no response.
null
Unregistered ?

Yeah it seems to be a bug on the site. It been like this for 2 weeks. Every now and then it stops you from posting on the forum. But then again that's not a bad thing for some of the users on JC.
Gee62UK Amateur Jackinchatter

217 posts since 2008-04-18
78 year old heterosexual from UK
I've had this problem too (in a pm to you, onlybyhand). Couldn't understand it and it didn't seem to relate to any action I could take.
profvolup Amateur Jackinchatter

487 posts since 2015-03-22
49 year old heterosexual male from US
I figured it out, at least when I've run into it. And it's more than just PM, but threads as well.

It's only when I've copied and pasted from different sources. From that, it's clear there is limited ISO character set support in the submission boxes. I want to even go to far as saying only the 7-bit ASCII charset is allowed, but I haven't tried everything yet to confirm it.

If I had more time I'd do some further debugging, but it looks to be all server-side, so there's limited debugging I can do via Firebug et al.
Prof Voluptuary - Gen-X American Male - Wide, full, hanging breasts make me hard; But powerful thighs with full, fanging hips holding up her extremely curved, voluptuous hourglass centerpiece make me unload
APS221 Amateur Jackinchatter

307 posts since 2011-06-17
43 year old male
That's what happened to me too. I was posting a list of names that were copied and pasted. I copied the name Genevieve with the accent above the "e" and it wouldn't post, when I typed it with a regular letter "e" it posted.
Unregistered ?

I will gladly enter a body if provided with one. Preferably a large breasted female thanks.
profvolup Amateur Jackinchatter

487 posts since 2015-03-22
49 year old heterosexual male from US
APS221 said:
That's what happened to me too. I was posting a list of names that were copied and pasted. I copied the name Genevieve with the accent above the "e" and it wouldn't post, when I typed it with a regular letter "e" it posted.

And that's what's bothering me to.

Because the page reports itself as Windows codepage 1252, which is a slight superset of ISO 8859, which should handle the greater, base Latin set of European (and, subsequently, non-native American) text. In fact, I know I've hit a few characters that will get translated to 1252 characters that don't exist in ISO 8859 (like the reverse and slanted double quotes), and that might be the problem too.

Especially for other, common, ISO charsets UTF-8 encoded.

In any case, when I throw anything outside of 7-bit ASCII (an old American codepage), it takes immediate issue until those characters are removed (without telling you that's the case).

I don't know if it's how the PHP is handling it (PHP has its own issues, but it might just be passing them through), or if there is another "backend" language at work (e.g., Perl, which used to be very codepage ignorant until later v5 releases), the two don't agree on the codepage (which I've seen before), etc... But clearly it's not allowing all 8851/1252 characters to be in any submission.

For those interested in the geekdom of the 1252 codepage:
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows-1252#Code_page_layout

I won't babble further, as discussion of ISO standard character sets, Internet standards and then yet Windows codepages (still cannot believe we're seeing them in Internet pages ... sigh) can -- and indeed does -- fill many volumes of books. It doesn't seem to be client-side, as I've had the same issue on Android (Linux-based, although not Linux), GNU/Linux and Windows, so it doesn't matter if it's a Windows client or an Internet/POSIX-standard platform (basically all other systems, but Windows and some of OS X).
Prof Voluptuary - Gen-X American Male - Wide, full, hanging breasts make me hard; But powerful thighs with full, fanging hips holding up her extremely curved, voluptuous hourglass centerpiece make me unload
roleplayman Novice Jackinchatter

75 posts since 2016-02-04
31 year old
Grrr "You must enter a body for your message" Why oh why do I get this angry
Unregistered ?

It happened to me when I tried to post a message with some accents.
Bigolly Amateur Jackinchatter

117 posts since 2009-10-06
bisexual from Southeast U.S. (La.)
Well, I'm see that I'm not the only one to run into this particular problem, frustrating as it is. I really don't speak "computer-ese", and have no desire to. All I want to do is send messages to some "friends" and reply to the messages they've sent to me. Sounds simple enough, but noooo! Hopefully, this "bug" or glitch, or whatever the hell it is will be addressed and fixed. Sure, I love to "jack", but I also love to "chat" .... via the PM feature.
Always ready to chat and stroke it when I'm online!!
littledk Amateur Jackinchatter

254 posts since 2013-09-03
80 year old curious from Tulsa, OK
I wouldn't count on the problem being fixed anytime soon because it has been on here for sometime now and seems to appear regularly if you are trying to paste text from another word processing program.
Kent Professional Jackinchatter

1500 posts since 2008-06-28
35 year old curious
I used to compose messages offline in WORD and then copy and paste the text into the Jackinmail message box. Then (it was at least a year ago I think) I started getting the "must enter a body for your message" error message. The text shows up in the box when you PASTE, but Jackinmail just doesn't see it to SEND. So you have to type directly into the message box. The bug exists in both Jackinmail pvt messages, and in posts to the boards.

It doesn't affect the insertion of links and hot links using the icons at the top of the message box however. They can be copied and pasted.
Page: of 2   next > 
Index » JackinChat » About JackinChat » "You must enter a body for your message"