JackinChat forums are temporarily in read-only mode. Will be back soon!
Message Boards
Page: of 1  
Unregistered ?

My wife and I have had all the kids we plan to have and now it's time for me to get a vasectomy. I'm having it done this Friday.

Ever since the birth of our second child last year, my wife has been increasingly paranoid about sex because she does NOT want to get pregnant again. I can't say I blame her, she just got a new job and our financial situation is finally improving somewhat, so an unexpected pregnancy would really be disastrous at this time. Unfortunately, that also means it's much harder to get her in the mood. Between work, kids and her paranoia, sex is virtually non-existant right now.

She's indicated about how much more relaxed and willing she'll be once I have it done which naturally excites me. I see the possibility for a return to the kind of sex we used to have when we were dating and newly married.

So I'm wondering, has a vasectomy enhanced your sex life? Have you found your wife/girlfriend with a renewed interest in sex once the possibility of pregnancy is taken out of the equation?

The question is open to women as well as men. I'm curious to hear all points of view.
Add a reply Quote this post
evilmonkey Amateur Jackinchatter

114 posts since 2007-07-25
53 year old bisexual from California
It has helped im the fact that we can be sporadic. No need to look for a condom and stop everything while i fumble with it it. No pills for her to remember every day.

Not a big change, but convenient and one less thing to worry about.
stay horny, my friend
User is offline Send Message to User View User Profile
slipjerker Amateur Jackinchatter

221 posts since 2008-07-09
77 year old heterosexual from Dallas, TX
I had it done long ago and it really hasn't changed much of anything for me, except (as noted above) you no longer have to worry about other measures . . . except to protect against STDs if you don't know your 'partner' all that well, etc . . . hehe . . . amazed

but with your wife/girlfriend you can be totally spontaneous with no worries - go with the flow??? LOL razz laugh eyeshot
Will masturbate in person :)
woof Amateur Jackinchatter

109 posts since 2006-08-18
from NW IL
When they tell you to start wearing a jock strap for a couple weeks IMMEDIETLY after surgury, they mean it... unless of course you REALLY are into pain!
woof Amateur Jackinchatter

109 posts since 2006-08-18
from NW IL
One more thing... my doctor had a really bad joke that only he could tell. After the first snip he said "there, now you're half vassed!"

you will be fine
JamesWjRose Novice Jackinchatter

99 posts since 2005-10-11
58 year old heterosexual from New York City
I had a V 20+ years ago (in my early 20s) and I think it made my sexlife a little better in that I never had to worry about pregnacy. My wifes (1st and current) don't have to use birth control, so that's a benefit. (in a related: my 1st wife was not happy about having to go on birth control when we broke up. HAHA) I have never had any side effects either, if that helps.

Peace,
James
Peace, James Rose
Sparkie Enlightened Jackinchatter

4345 posts since 2005-08-16
53 year old heterosexual male from Kansas City
After my vasectomy the sex with my wife dropped. In fact we no longer have sex.

The benefit of the vasectomy is that that I did not need to wear a condom with the woman I started seeing over a year ago.

And the woman I am now seeing is thrilled that I don't have to wear a condom when we do have sex.
WTF Do you want now?
jamie4400 Amateur Jackinchatter

132 posts since 2015-06-15
curious from Canada
Then the ex should get herself fixed. Know of a couple who both were fixed due to open marriage, a lot out there where both are done I am sure
Unregistered ?

I'm sure it makes a vas deferens! wink
Unregistered ?

JamesWjRose said:
I had a V 20+ years ago (in my early 20s) and I think it made my sexlife a little better in that I never had to worry about pregnacy. My wifes (1st and current) don't have to use birth control, so that's a benefit. (in a related: my 1st wife was not happy about having to go on birth control when we broke up. HAHA) I have never had any side effects either, if that helps.

Peace,
James

That's awesome I wish I could find s guy who either already had one wouldn't mind getting one or just doesn't want children at all would make life so much easier
andyanderson8in Amateur Jackinchatter

142 posts since 2015-06-09
56 year old
my wife and i both had surgeries after our last child more than 20 years ago. we are swingers and when playing within our group makes things so much easier. my wife likes to have cum in her pussy and esp likes it eaten after. that is so much easier now. we have also introduced a few younger couples to the lifestyle and with us both taken care of that is much more open with us too.
mike1960 Amateur Jackinchatter

177 posts since 2015-06-09
63 year old from oregon
i had mind done several years ago because at the time i was seriously thinking about getting married and due to epilepsy and various medical issues she was taking several med's per day so i really thought the concept of her getting pregnant would be a bad idea so i made the decision to have the vasectomy things did not work out with that girl but i still think i made the right choice and if any thing i have been more relaxed and comfortable knowing that there will not be any unplanned gifts 9 months after a date that i would be responsible 4
open minded looking for fun but unless you are a woman or have a woman with you please don't send skype request expecting to jack together bring a woman on screen and let's party to anyone that is more into the guy -guy no offence intended
mike1960 Amateur Jackinchatter

177 posts since 2015-06-09
63 year old from oregon
woof said:
One more thing... my doctor had a really bad joke that only he could tell. After the first snip he said "there, now you're half vassed!"

you will be fine
one word you don't want to hear during the procedure==Whoop's..or the nurse is really upset with her boyfriend/husband for stepping out on her
open minded looking for fun but unless you are a woman or have a woman with you please don't send skype request expecting to jack together bring a woman on screen and let's party to anyone that is more into the guy -guy no offence intended
canhunpole Novice Jackinchatter

23 posts since 2014-11-26
53 year old curious from Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Had my vasectomy done 2 years ago. Made a slight improvement in terms of frequency of sex with the wife at first. However, soon after, it tailed right off to nearly nothing. Glad I did it as when we do have the infrequent sex, the ooops factor is gone. Although being so rare now, I wonder why it was really necessary at all in the first place.
Page: of 1