JackinChat forums are temporarily in read-only mode. Will be back soon!
Message Boards
Index » JackinChat » About JackinChat » hello - spam Jackinmail
Page: of 2   next > 
heels2017 Amateur Jackinchatter

234 posts since 2016-12-08
62 year old heterosexual male from Gloucestershire UK
How do I stop spam jackinmail? They always just say "hello" and I am getting 2 or 3 everyday now! Can anyone advise on how to stop this annoying stuff? Thanks in advance

User is offline Send Message to User View User Profile
uk_sharethefun Amateur Jackinchatter

134 posts since 2011-09-20
52 year old male from Hereford/W Mids/Wales - freq London/Essex
I'm not sure you can. I just bulk delete them every other day or so.
PM me for details of UK Wankers group on Telegram

andysmz Professional Jackinchatter

1444 posts since 2012-12-08
57 year old bisexual from Edinburgh UK
You need to help the admins out. Just click on the user profile and report it- already defaults to "spam" and only delete the email after you've reported it -or you won't be able to report it.

andysmz said:
You need to help the admins out. Just click on the user profile and report it- already defaults to "spam" and only delete the email after you've reported it -or you won't be able to report it.

True - I do it most of the time but it's so frequent now, I'm doing more spam reporting than wanking

Thanks for your advice guys

Wankoften Amateur Jackinchatter

365 posts since 2019-11-28
67 year old bisexual male from Midlands
I'm getting 9 or 10 a day beyond a joke what is wrong with the morons doing it

I have received another 2 "hello" spams since posting this message!!! What can we do please guys?

heels2017 said:
I have received another 2 "hello" spams since posting this message!!! What can we do please guys?

Same. Not a lot you can do. The spambot is duplicating itself. Just keep reporting and deleting. Then try to fit in a wank before the next onslaught.

Unregistered ?

The only thing we can do as members is to NEVER open the link that's in the message.

The more success they get in people falling for it, the more likely they are to keep 'fishing' by sending them!

As above just report them and delete the message. After a while of no success they will hopefully move elsewhere...cunts!

Unregistered ?

Just one of those things we have to put up with it seems I've just deleted one now. The mods seem far more interested in deleting accounts for calling into question some threads motives for been put up than doing anything about it.

Rod Enlightened Jackinchatter

3032 posts since 2005-08-13
53 year old bisexual from Dallas, TX
Poorlittleme said:
Just one of those things we have to put up with it seems I've just deleted one now. The mods seem far more interested in deleting accounts for calling into question some threads motives for been put up than doing anything about it.

Your supposition is incorrect. We are quite aware of the ongoing spam attack that the site has seen for months now. Every 1-2 days, the reports are cleared out, the accounts banned, and a list of the offending accounts is sent to the site owner to look for commonalities that might allow him to prevent these bots from accessing the site going forward. On multiple occasions, tighter restrictions have been put in place behind the scenes, which seem to be effective for a short time, but they find their way around it again.

We find it just as annoying as you do. More, probably, because I certainly am not a big fan of spending 1-2 hours every few days going through up to 500 spam reports to do what I mentioned above.

(Is that you again, Legasslover/bannedfornothing?)

Thank you Rod for trying to deal with these spam morons

Unregistered ?

Rod said:
Your supposition is incorrect. We are quite aware of the ongoing spam attack that the site has seen for months now. Every 1-2 days, the reports are cleared out, the accounts banned, and a list of the offending accounts is sent to the site owner to look for commonalities that might allow him to prevent these bots from accessing the site going forward. On multiple occasions, tighter restrictions have been put in place behind the scenes, which seem to be effective for a short time, but they find their way around it again.

We find it just as annoying as you do. More, probably, because I certainly am not a big fan of spending 1-2 hours every few days going through up to 500 spam reports to do what I mentioned above.

(Is that you again, Legasslover/bannedfornothing?)
thanks rod sorry if I was a bit sower in my last post just that their are so many of these spams now thanks for your reply

Jaxxx Novice Jackinchatter

72 posts since 2017-10-10
61 year old
All we can do is report, so the admins can remove and possible have the owner block re-occurring Ip's. I get how frustrating it is. I see I have mail and look forward to talking with others, only to open my inbox and it says "Hello".

Rod, has the owner considered updating to a newer and different platform? This custom code was state of the art at one time, but seems a bit dated now. I use a couple of boards I use that run on Xenforo. Seems to have less of a spam problem and the software is a lot more user friendly.

Rod Enlightened Jackinchatter

3032 posts since 2005-08-13
53 year old bisexual from Dallas, TX
Jaxxx said:
Rod, has the owner considered updating to a newer and different platform? This custom code was state of the art at one time, but seems a bit dated now. I use a couple of boards I use that run on Xenforo. Seems to have less of a spam problem and the software is a lot more user friendly.

I believe the big stumbling block is that, as you noted, the site is custom code, and transferring the data to an off-the-shelf site software could be problematic, and could result in basically having to begin as essentially a whole new site. I know he has been looking into integrating various professional anti-spam solutions, but said he has run into trouble with the site being an adult site, and thus in violation of their TOS.

I, too, run/have run a few boards, ranging from vanilla to NSFW, and have had varying degrees of success combatting spam with different site software packages. My last attempt at a NSFW site saw a huge flood of spam registration attempts - they never made it to active, thanks to the security settings I had in place, but I was deleting hundreds of would-be spam accounts a month.

Page: of 2   next > 
Index » JackinChat » About JackinChat » hello - spam Jackinmail