JackinChat forums are temporarily in read-only mode. Will be back soon!
Message Boards
Index » JackinChat » About JackinChat » Suddenly chat is not working
Page: of 1  
Luke_UK Novice Jackinchatter

6 posts since 2007-03-03
51 year old bisexual
Since yesterday afternoon (saturday 8th August 2009) I can't log on to chat. I installed latest version of Java but still no joy. What's going on!!!!!! I miss my dirty chats.
Add a reply Quote this post
User is offline Send Message to User View User Profile
Unregistered ?

It does that sometimes. I guess we have to just be patient.
Ben Enlightened Jackinchatter
Cock of the walk
2998 posts since 2005-07-18
45 year old curious from St Paul, Minnesota
Yeah I don't know why some people have issues getting into the chat. Right now Sunday August 9, 3:30pm Central Time there are 75 people in the chat, so I know the chat isn't down.

If you've tried the other troubleshooting from the other threads in this section and it still doesn't work, I really don't know what to tell you other than to try again later.

Sorry I don't have an answer for you.
I'm just a guy
woof Amateur Jackinchatter

109 posts since 2006-08-18
from NW IL
Mine just gets going and it freezes
Luke_UK Novice Jackinchatter

6 posts since 2007-03-03
51 year old bisexual
I have uninstalled and reinstalled Java - having made sure I have the latest version. I have cleared my cache - again and again. I have checked JAVA is working properly through Sun's test page. I even tried installing IE version 8 in case something had gone pear shaped with version 7. Neither version 7 nor 8 work. I have not made any chnages to my virus checker (Norton).

Everything worked fine until mid afternoon (UK time) on 8th August but now it just starts to load and then freezes. If I click the box LOGOUT it freezes. If I click on CHANNELS I get some window which seems to be asking me to create a room. If I try nothing happens. I can enter OPTIONS but cannot get into a room.

I just don't know what else to try. This is very depressing. Still not working this morning. Been using Jackinchat for some years. Never had this problem before. Any more ideas?
Ben Enlightened Jackinchatter
Cock of the walk
2998 posts since 2005-07-18
45 year old curious from St Paul, Minnesota
Luke_UK, Maybe trying using the System Restore feature to go back a few days to when you know the chat was working. You get it by clicking Start Menu, Programs, Accessories, System Tools, then System Restore.

It should show you a calendar of different restore points that were created. Select one when you know it was working fine and restore to that point. Keep in mind, you won't lose any data like pictures or files you've downloaded, but it will undo any programs you've installed or updates that installed.
I'm just a guy
Page: of 1  
Index » JackinChat » About JackinChat » Suddenly chat is not working