JackinChat forums are temporarily in read-only mode. Will be back soon!
Message Boards
Index » JackinChat » About JackinChat » Request about reporting profiles
Page: of 1  
Ben Enlightened Jackinchatter
Cock of the walk
2998 posts since 2005-07-18
45 year old curious from St Paul, Minnesota
I'd like to say thank you to everyone that reports fake and spammer profiles, it is a HUGE help.

A couple of things that definitely help more is if you are logged in when you send the report, so if I have a question I can ask the person that sent it. If you aren't logged in, it just shows up as an anonymous report.

Also, if you can include some details to why you are reporting the profile that absolutely helps too.

Please don't report profiles just because you don't like the person. And whoever keeps reporting all profiles from North Carolina lately, please stop it.
I'm just a guy
Add a reply Quote this post
User is offline Send Message to User View User Profile
Rod Enlightened Jackinchatter

3032 posts since 2005-08-13
53 year old bisexual from Dallas, TX
Building upon Ben's original post from a few years ago, I'd like to reiterate that being logged in when you report is helpful, and providing as much detail as you can is more than helpful.

For example, I've recently received two complaints from the same person about another user harassing him/her through PM and also discussing underage subjects. The second report was also upset that no action had been taken based on the first report. However, the person making the report did so anonymously (both times), meaning I have no way to follow up with him/her to corroborate the report.

I appreciate all those who take the time and effort to report things that might go missed on the boards - yes, even the person who reported me, giving the reason that I'm apparently "an asshole." Please help the process stay a smooth one, so that any action taken as a result of a report is appropriate.

Thanks!

Here's a perfect example of what I was talking about in the last post, a real live report that came in:
---------
Anonymous, Inappropriate Content: This guy is sending me pm's about underage celebrities etc... on 2015-05-16 05:22:59
---------
You'll notice that the report is about inappropriate content in PM's, which I can't check, and the person making the report did so anonymously, so I can't follow up with him/her to get screenshots or anything else to validate the claim. So, there's no choice but to dismiss it. After all, what's going to happen if I contact the person that was reported and ask about it? They'll deny it.

Another example, all reports on the same user:
---------------
Anonymous, Other: Once again starting trouble with another user because of a different opinion on a celebrity. I guess it's getting easy to tell that this friend or something because from what I heard this guy got reported a few times already and nothing happened. on 2015-06-30 09:02:35
Anonymous, Inappropriate Content: He is also forcing his opinion on another thread and making close to homophobia comments. on 2015-06-30 09:03:58
Anonymous, Other: He's also keeps disrespecting others positive views on marriage. Once again, making it his word is final. Heck no, he has no right to try and run people. on 2015-06-30 09:08:00
user:
---------------
So, I look at the profile in question, and while I see a few statements referring to some "celebrities" and such as "ugly," I don't see the type/degree of behavior that's being reported. However, since the person making the report chose to remain anonymous, I can't follow up to get more detail.

And now it's just getting silly.

Anonymous reports about members "ganging up on" other posters or "forcing their opinion on others." I check post history, and see a post or two of disagreement, but nothing matching what was reported. In some cases, though, in looking at that post history, I see some other violation, and initiate a ban (temporary or permanent).

Now, follow-up anonymous reports on one of the same users reported as noted above, complaining that they weren't banned when the other person was.

Again...no details of the alleged offense to allow me to properly review, and reported anonymously, so no way to follow up with the person who reported it.

C'mon, folks...give me something to work with, here.

And now the really fun one:

The same anonymous person reported me for showing "favoritism" for not banning everyone he reported. Maybe he'll read this.

"Anonymous," as noted in my last post, you've got to give me something to work with....specifics about the alleged violations, don't report it anonymously so I can follow up with you...something.

I think it's pretty difficult to "play favorites" when I've never interacted with many (or any) of the posters you've reported. And if I don't see any egregious behavior on the part of someone that you've reported with a very vague description of the alleged violations, then I'm not going to ban them.

So, please...feel free to contact me by PM, by reporting a violation...something. But, as I've asked of everyone a few times recently, you've got to give me the necessary information to act upon any reports made.

Anonymous reports are on the rise, and more often than not, to report profiles as "spam" with an apparently innocuous post history - or no post history at all. As noted numerous times above, this does not allow us to follow up with the one submitting the report to get additional information. So...

Effective immediately, anonymous reports will be ignored.

------------------
This one, I'm reluctant to mention, because it just plays into how the person involved apparently gets their kicks.

But, for several months now, there's been someone who has a shtick of creating multiple accounts to make it appear that two different users are maintaining an ongoing argument, despite multiple accounts on both "sides" being banned. (For a while, it was unclear whether it really was two people, but both "sides" have said things that only one or the other would know about.)

Effective immediately, all accounts involved in any of this would-be back-and-forth will be banned. So, if you're not one of this person's personas, don't engage.
Unregistered ?

JackinChat Staff MemberUnregistered's Avatar
CAN I REPORT NICKS FOR STUPIDITY PLEASE.

KIND REGARDS ME XXXX
ImGayManYouHate Amateur Jackinchatter

290 posts since 2023-10-04
46 year old
yodi3498 said:
CAN I REPORT NICKS FOR STUPIDITY PLEASE.

KIND REGARDS ME XXXX

ME TOO
SESSION Amateur Jackinchatter

116 posts since 2023-10-06

Session trade and share
Session trade
Page: of 1  
Index » JackinChat » About JackinChat » Request about reporting profiles