JackinChat forums are temporarily in read-only mode. Will be back soon!
Message Boards
Index » General » Coffee Shop » Webcam pros and cons
Page: of 2   next > 
Striker58 Novice Jackinchatter

43 posts since 2009-12-01
73 year old curious from Indiana
I'm getting broadband internet installed in about 2 weeks. I've been getting somewhat excited at the prospect of being able to cam with people. My questions are: Are web cams safe to use as far as privacy issues, etc. I've heard horror stories about camming and people getting in trouble etc. Are these stories true? I'm interested in any opinions on web camming that you would care to offer, both pro and con.

Also, am I just wasting my time and money thinking anyone would want to cam with me. I'm 58 years old, a little overweight as customary for men of my age. I'm heterosexual, but I would like to cam with either gender. Give me your thoughts and tell me of your experiences. I would really like to get into camming. Thanks
Add a reply Quote this post
User is offline Send Message to User View User Profile
Unregistered ?

I have been camming for many years with no problems.I love showing my cock to anyone on cam and wanking with guys whilst chatting dirty.
Ben Enlightened Jackinchatter
Cock of the walk
2998 posts since 2005-07-18
45 year old curious from St Paul, Minnesota
Privacy is completely in your control. Do not give out any information you don't want public. I'd even recommend using a separate email account to use for naughty stuff. Don't use a user ID for Yahoo, MSN, etc, that has identifiable information such as phone number, ZIP code, city name, etc.
I'm just a guy
Short_thick_one Novice Jackinchatter

33 posts since 2008-06-29
51 year old heterosexual from SE USA
Something I try to do...probably not very successful at it...is get some form of age verification if you're concerned about things like that. I'm no ped so I try to verify before I show.

Agree completely with Ben...privacy is what you make of it.
eddy Skilled Jackinchatter

830 posts since 2007-03-06
88 year old bisexual from Cocoa
No problems here either. I do take precautions for sure. Even to the extent that I am careful about the what is in the background that shows up on cam. Enjoy the ride.
Horny old men want sex too.
Striker58 Novice Jackinchatter

43 posts since 2009-12-01
73 year old curious from Indiana
Thanks guys, this gives me a lot of info to help me decided whether to cam or not.
Unregistered ?

First times are really exciting, feels so exposed.
But you are just sharing with the other cammer. Typing and stroking is a pain, so set up a mic. Nothing like hearing a mate moaning and cumming. Nothing.
My names on NELSTREE both on yahoo and skype.
Online now, send a message if I can be your first.
35 m uk.
Unregistered ?

I just started camming and previous replies have covered most of the security stuff; dedicated e-mail addy, review of background in cam view, verification of mate's ID or asl. I was very nervous at first but have gotten more comfortable over a month or so and now I find it to be a huge turn-on. So with some reasonable caution I say, "go for it!"
Unregistered ?

just started camming about a month ago. was on a business trip last week and, since there weren't many meetings at night, spent that time hanging in my room and chatting and camming... the above posts cover most everything. for me, i only like doing cam2cam, not because I don't like showing off (hahah) but just to make sure the other guy on the other end is legal... also about the age thing. i'm 40 and have been absolutely AMAZED how many young guys like camming with older dudes... go for it man!!
Rod Enlightened Jackinchatter

3032 posts since 2005-08-13
53 year old bisexual from Dallas, TX
Yep...everyone's pretty much covered it. I don't show my face on cam, and try to keep anything else that would be very identifiable out of the background.

First time I cammed, I was nervous, but once I popped my proverbial cherry, I started looking forward to it. I enjoy it from time to time.
poleranger2004 Amateur Jackinchatter

285 posts since 2009-12-25
71 year old heterosexual male from Upstate, NY, Jefferson Co.
Hi Striker, Yes I have been camming for many years and it it great, love the people you meet and seeing there stuff, some times people get really weird and I just enjoy chatting, talking naughty and enjoying a jo buddy. You will love it, I wish more gals would do it,have had a few play with me, but mostly the guys get there and wank it out. So try it, your in for a fun time, oh, I'm 57 and not athletic at all, always have a good time,
red99 Amateur Jackinchatter

434 posts since 2010-01-01
male from UK
Been doing it on and off for years, mainly with guys but a couple of times with a female friend. As others have said, be aware of whats in shot. My female friend aside i've never shown my face, almost never put sound on (yes, i'm that paranoid!) and generally drape something over the background.

As for the pluses, well its definitely a blast! Have done it with a real variety of ages and body types. Sometimes we'll share a vid or pictures for wanking material. Its also done wonders for my one handed typing technique wink
jjw Novice Jackinchatter

36 posts since 2006-02-27
52 year old curious male from Netherlands
Been doing c2c for years now. On Ivisit, yahoo, msn and skype. Take all the precautions that make you feel safe and secure.

Don't forget: anyone can record the image you send with some simple desktop-recording software, or take pictures of his desktop and cut out the video image later. So, in the end, your hot j/o session could end up anywhere on the net.

So if you have something to lose, wether it's a relation, a career or just your self esteem, be careful what you show.

But, in the end, camming is really hot and a guy like you should't be too worried about gettting attention. Mine you've got already wink
hornykc Novice Jackinchatter

29 posts since 2010-04-24
50 year old curious from new brunswick
I love to cam.mostly with guys but the few women I have had cam play with they were all homely lol.I never get a hot chick on cam it seams but lots of hot guys yum.
Jacklvr Skilled Jackinchatter

536 posts since 2009-12-26
77 year old heterosexual from Northern Va..
Hello..just saw your posting..I trust you have experienced camming and enjoy it...only done it a few times but nothing erotic...enjoy the chatting and jo with a bud using mic...hope we can chat soon...Ron....
Page: of 2   next > 
Index » General » Coffee Shop » Webcam pros and cons