JackinChat forums are temporarily in read-only mode. Will be back soon!
Message Boards
Index » Masturbation » For Her » taboo
Page: < prev  of 2  
Hardrocker Amateur Jackinchatter

356 posts since 2007-03-29
45 year old
No problem Rod. Without rehashing the entire discussion, I do feel that my comments were consistent when taken in their entirety and in context. At one point I did make a specific reference to an adult (over 18 ) issue. But the discussion then proceeded to how different websites apply different standards regarding underage and incest issues. I do believe that Jackinchat is more "restrictive" in this regard than some others. But this was only an observation, not a criticism. In fact, I don't think I could possibly have been in any way more supportive of our moderators and our Terms of Service than I was in my comments.

And I did understand that in your last sentence, you had the original poster in mind, although you didn't say it. I didn't disagree with the principal points you made in your post at all, I just thought that you could have made the same points without pulling a couple of comments of mine out of context to introduce it....LOL.

The specifics of Terms of Service wording can be difficult to apply with any degree of consistency. There is to be no discussion here on Jackinchat about sex under 18, but, as in your personal example, the Jackinchat forums are full of "first time masturbation" stories of guys who were of course very young teens or even younger.

And it's certainly very common that two underage brothers mutually discover masturbation. Although this is certainly between family members, it's a very common occurrence, and I'm pretty sure it doesn't meet the legal definition of the term "incest." So would it be OK to talk about it on this forum, as a part of one's own life experience? I don't know
Add a reply Quote this post
User is offline Send Message to User View User Profile
Ben Enlightened Jackinchatter
Cock of the walk
2998 posts since 2005-07-18
45 year old curious from St Paul, Minnesota
Hardrocker said:

And it's certainly very common that two underage brothers mutually discover masturbation. Although this is certainly between family members, it's a very common occurrence, and I'm pretty sure it doesn't meet the legal definition of the term "incest." So would it be OK to talk about it on this forum, as a part of one's own life experience? I don't know

No.
For the reason I put in my last post.

To summarize, it is not because the experience itself was illegal, but from my observations, the discussion very often takes a turn into something far from innocent.
I'm just a guy
turo Novice Jackinchatter

50 posts since 2009-01-27
78 year old curious male from Western Massachusetts US
Ben said:
No.
For the reason I put in my last post.

To summarize, it is not because the experience itself was illegal, but from my observations, the discussion very often takes a turn into something far from innocent.

Then couldn't one let the discussion begin and see if it turns into something far from innocent? Your own comment says "MAY turn into something far from innocent."
I'm in no way supporting the woman who started the whole controversy either. I do take issue with someone deleting her thread without even acknowledging the fact that she'd stepped over the line as far as subject matter or content. Then to respond in such an offensive manner when she questioned what had happened. A little undestanding, tact and polite explanation would go a long way.
Cock of the walk
turo said:
Then couldn't one let the discussion begin and see if it turns into something far from innocent? Your own comment says "MAY turn into something far from innocent."
I'm in no way supporting the woman who started the whole controversy either. I do take issue with someone deleting her thread without even acknowledging the fact that she'd stepped over the line as far as subject matter or content. Then to respond in such an offensive manner when she questioned what had happened. A little undestanding, tact and polite explanation would go a long way.

I've been helping run this place for 10 years so I do have a little bit of experience in this. I'm not willing to let every discussion like this evolve and see where it ends up. Like I've said before, way more often than not it ends up a discussion about very questionable things. I'm talking pedophilia, full on sex with family members, etc.

I did respond in the thread I deleted before I deleted it, and she definitely kept carrying on, hinting that she was doing more than just non-contact masturbation with family members. That is why it was deleted in the first place.

And to those that suggest that our banning of this topic will lead us to ban other topics, you are mistaken. This policy has been in place for many years and has not changed, nor do we intend to start banning other topics that are not listed in our Terms of Service.
I'm just a guy
Hardrocker Amateur Jackinchatter

356 posts since 2007-03-29
45 year old
Ben said:

And to those that suggest that our banning of this topic will lead us to ban other topics, you are mistaken. This policy has been in place for many years and has not changed, nor do we intend to start banning other topics that are not listed in our Terms of Service.

I think that Ben has explained his position on this issue very well, and he deserves the support of our membership as he maintains a safe and orderly Jackinchat environment. I've been here a long time, and I'm completely reassured by his statement that he has no intention of banning discussion on any topics that are not listed in the Terms of Service.

I do think there is some truth in Turo's comment that "A little understanding, tact, and polite explanation would go a long way." The fact is, "understanding", "tact", and "politeness" are sometimes not really strong points among our moderators.

Cock of the walk
Hardrocker said:

I do think there is some truth in Turo's comment that "A little understanding, tact, and polite explanation would go a long way." The fact is, "understanding", "tact", and "politeness" are sometimes not really strong points among our moderators.

So how would you suggest I should have handled the whole situation? The person in question clearly was breaking the rules that are listed here. I posted in the thread she made that she was doing so, then she posted again, not-so-subtly hinting that she has sex with her family members.

So at that point I removed the thread completely. She made several other threads on here about the same topic, at which point I made the decision to ban her.

I feel that she was given plenty of warning between the clearly posted Terms of Service, my warning directly to her in the thread, the deletion of her thread.

She broke the rules, plain and simple, and gave me no reason to believe she would stop. I dealt with the issue quickly and without drama.

So tell me, how exactly should I have handled this instance of flagrant disregard of the Terms of Service?
I'm just a guy
Page: < prev  of 2  
Index » Masturbation » For Her » taboo