JackinChat forums are temporarily in read-only mode. Will be back soon!
Message Boards
Index » JackinChat » About JackinChat » **** New chat server information ****
Page: < prev  of 11   next > 
tancali Amateur Jackinchatter

188 posts since 2012-08-31
55 year old from Northern California
So everything connecting to #jackinchat via 'mibbit' is blocked?

The chat "here" on jackinchat is a java IRC client running on your local machine.

I'm going to look for an actual app from the app store that's an IRC client.

[edit]
That would seem to be the case. I can join using a regular app. Anyone on a PC should be able to as well, just make sure that you get a client that's highly rated against IRC script attacks, or just disable scripting altogether.

Now to find a client that has media support...

User is offline Send Message to User View User Profile
genuinefine Professional Jackinchatter

1003 posts since 2005-09-09
male from TX
That's the thing, "anyone on a PC" should be able to. There don't appear to be any IRC clients for Macs that actually work.

Also, the chat here on the Jackinchat site does not work since the latest Mac operating system came out. A message is displayed related to the an applet from Jackinchat requesting access to your computer and the "digital signature" is not trusted. There appears to be no way to "trust" the digital signature by "Philippe Detournay", which is also said to have expired. Just a long laborious way of saying, "you guys with Macs ain't gettin' in here!"
50+ 6' 195. Hairy jack bud.

Ben Enlightened Jackinchatter
Cock of the walk
2998 posts since 2005-07-18
45 year old curious from St Paul, Minnesota
Colloquy on the Mac works great. So does Limechat and IRCle.

genuinefine said:
That's the thing, "anyone on a PC" should be able to. There don't appear to be any IRC clients for Macs that actually work.

Also, the chat here on the Jackinchat site does not work since the latest Mac operating system came out. A message is displayed related to the an applet from Jackinchat requesting access to your computer and the "digital signature" is not trusted. There appears to be no way to "trust" the digital signature by "Philippe Detournay", which is also said to have expired. Just a long laborious way of saying, "you guys with Macs ain't gettin' in here!"
I'm just a guy

str8nbonedup Novice Jackinchatter

32 posts since 2009-08-19
57 year old heterosexual from USA
I've been having a similar issue but I'm on a PC. This is the response I'm getting when I try to enter chat through the Jackinchat website:

Connecting...
Unable to connect : java.net.UnknownHostException : punch.ca.us.dal.net
Connecting...
Unable to connect : java.net.ConnectException : Connection timed out: connect
Connecting...
Connecting...

it just goes on and on until I close out the window. This started approx. 2 weeks ago, but at that time, after 2 or 3 lines of "unable to connect" it would suddenly connect me to the chat room. Tonight is the first time I haven't been able to get in. I tried going through other sites (a couple that are using Mibbit and also via xxxchatters) and then it looks like I'm conncecting but I get the response that I'm banned from chat, but no reason is provided.

Any ideas?

Unregistered ?

I have given up the chatroom on here! Getting all the messages as above and getting nowhere. I'm afraid the only solution is to use another website. Pity.

Rod Enlightened Jackinchatter

3032 posts since 2005-08-13
53 year old bisexual from Dallas, TX
str8nbonedup said:
I've been having a similar issue but I'm on a PC. This is the response I'm getting when I try to enter chat through the Jackinchat website:

Connecting...
Unable to connect : java.net.UnknownHostException : punch.ca.us.dal.net
Connecting...
Connecting...
Connecting...

it just goes on and on until I close out the window. This started approx. 2 weeks ago, but at that time, after 2 or 3 lines of "unable to connect" it would suddenly connect me to the chat room. Tonight is the first time I haven't been able to get in. I tried going through other sites (a couple that are using Mibbit and also via xxxchatters) and then it looks like I'm conncecting but I get the response that I'm banned from chat, but no reason is provided.

Any ideas?

Unfortunately, you won't be able to connect through sites using mibbit thanks to a large number of users connecting via mibbit violating the chat room TOS, particularly in posting underage pics. As a result, all mibbit connections have been banned.

And, as far as xxxchatters goes, although they still maintain a room called "jackinchat," that hasn't been us for about 2 years now, so we can't speak to what might be going on with them.

Harper3007 Novice Jackinchatter

82 posts since 2012-04-20
42 year old heterosexual from Chicago
Hey Guys - For whatever reason, I am often not able to use the regular chat...it launches but then I can not click in the fields type. So, I have been using the IRC and I saw your note about pointing the port or something... I'm not very techy. I used to go to: http://irc.lc/dal/jackinchat/t4nk%3Cimg%20class but this now takes me to the site that is closed. Do you have the new link? I cant seem to figure it out on my own and I'd like to chat again. Thanks for your help!
Str8 Athletic Jo Bud

Unregistered ?

Hey harper-- I thought that link would work but it kept logging me in and then booting me out!

thedude111 Novice Jackinchatter

85 posts since 2011-06-26
heterosexual from Arizona
I rarely use the chat. But ppl can always just meet up in a yahoo room or somewhere for chat I would think. Anytime I'm in chat... there's almost no chat in the main room anyway.
Jim

chicagoboning Novice Jackinchatter

9 posts since 2012-10-24
39 year old curious from Chicago
i think a user uploaded some kind of virus to attach to my computer if my IP address logs into the chat. i get a weird java notice now when i try to log on that has personal information on it. any idea if you guys can fix this?

Ben Enlightened Jackinchatter
Cock of the walk
2998 posts since 2005-07-18
45 year old curious from St Paul, Minnesota
chicagoboning said:
i think a user uploaded some kind of virus to attach to my computer if my IP address logs into the chat. i get a weird java notice now when i try to log on that has personal information on it. any idea if you guys can fix this?

Can you provide some specifics on what the java notice is. I've never heard of such a thing.
I'm just a guy

chicagoboning Novice Jackinchatter

9 posts since 2012-10-24
39 year old curious from Chicago
says "27 H Chicago" and the publisher was "Phillipe Detournay" looks diff than the java pop up that used to come up

matmanic Amateur Jackinchatter

227 posts since 2006-02-17
heterosexual
i can not figure why i can no longer post on this site. i can see the pics but can not post pics of my own... any ideas?

matmanic Amateur Jackinchatter

227 posts since 2006-02-17
heterosexual
i can not figure why i can no longer post on this site. i can see the pics but can not post pics of my own... any ideas?

Unregistered ?

i gave up trying and im not going to install unsafe java just for the chat. its time you upgraded to flash chat.

Page: < prev  of 11   next > 
Index » JackinChat » About JackinChat » **** New chat server information ****