JackinChat forums are temporarily in read-only mode. Will be back soon!
Message Boards
Index » General » Coffee Shop » The Duggar Family
Page: of 3   next > 
Kent Professional Jackinchatter

1500 posts since 2008-06-28
35 year old curious
Sex has its downside. Once again on the Today Show on NBC, we were subjected to a story on the Duggar Family.....a family of 19 children. And now the younger kids are starting to reproduce. They have announced another pregnancy.

I guess I can't prevent a family of religious fanatics, members of a bizarre religious cult, from indulging their obsession with pregnancy and child bearing. But I sure wish that we could keep them off television to proudly display their later spawn. (I'm pretty sure they're right wing Republicans BTW. Typical irresponsible behavior.)
Add a reply Quote this post
User is offline Send Message to User View User Profile
jase34 Novice Jackinchatter

25 posts since 2009-10-28
49 year old homosexual
Turn off your TV.

35 year old curious
jase34 said:
Turn off your TV.

An excellent and sensible suggestion. But truth is, I'm pissed that in a democratic republic we have to allow such irresponsible behavior.....in pursuit of the bizarre obsessions of a religious cult.

The Chinese government has the right idea here. The Chinese get to have one child, and ONE child only. Otherwise you can go to jail. Draconian solution to the population problem to be sure, but no more famine in China these days.

As for the fact that some people are right wing Republicans, I guess I can't do anything about it. But that also pisses me off. wink
Ben Enlightened Jackinchatter
Cock of the walk
2998 posts since 2005-07-18
45 year old curious from St Paul, Minnesota
I feel very sorry for that family and the kids mostly. There is no way that can be a nurturing environment with that many kids. I watched it a couple times and they are being taught like they still live in the 1950's where the women did all the housework and the men worked out of the home and brought home the paycheck.

I'm just a guy

35 year old curious
Ben said:
I feel very sorry for that family and the kids mostly. There is no way that can be a nurturing environment with that many kids. I watched it a couple times and they are being taught like they still live in the 1950's where the women did all the housework and the men worked out of the home and brought home the paycheck.

Absolutely Ben! There's been stuff written about them and their religious cult which requires complete subservience of the wife to her baby-making husband. It really is sad for the kids. And you wonder where the money comes from to support all the kids and grandkids. There is a picture of their house on their website. It's big and obviously expensive.
Short_thick_one Novice Jackinchatter

33 posts since 2008-06-29
51 year old heterosexual from SE USA
Kent said:
(I'm pretty sure they're right wing Republicans BTW. Typical irresponsible behavior.)

And..so how do you ASSuME that? And what in the world does that have to do with irresponsible sexual behavior?

By the way...a REPUBLICAN AG of Alabama is the one who also acted with "irresponsible behavior" when he started outlawing sex shops and imposed "Decency Laws".

You can't judge a person's political beliefs by one part of their lifestyle...

Talk about irresponsible behavior and STEREOTYPING!
altaguy Novice Jackinchatter

2 posts since 2010-11-11
63 year old
Seems strange to me too but at least they support the kids on their own dime. Momma Duggar is so cute and young looking even after all the kids I probably couldnt stay away from her even if she refused to take precautions

35 year old curious
Short_thick_one said:
And..so how do you ASSuME that? And what in the world does that have to do with irresponsible sexual behavior?

By the way...a REPUBLICAN AG of Alabama is the one who also acted with "irresponsible behavior" when he started outlawing sex shops and imposed "Decency Laws".

You can't judge a person's political beliefs by one part of their lifestyle...

Talk about irresponsible behavior and STEREOTYPING!

I wasn't referring to irresponsible sexual behavior. I was referring to the fact that these people are members of a religious cult. And you show me a crazy acting Bible thumper, I'll show you a right wing Republican.
HampshireMan Amateur Jackinchatter

494 posts since 2010-05-25
72 year old curious male from Pembrokeshire, Wales
Kent said:
The Chinese government has the right idea here. The Chinese get to have one child, and ONE child only. Otherwise you can go to jail.

They're not quite that draconian! The policy doesn't apply to all families. Couples living in rural areas, members of ethnic minorities and parents with no siblings are exempt. Also, they don't jail people for having more than one child. There are financial penalties in the shape of fines for second and subsequent children, though. Consequently, forced abortions are now common.

The real problem with the Chinese approach to population limitation is that, if they're only going to be allowed one child, most couples want a boy. That means that female foetuses are being aborted and there has been a rise in the incidence of female infanticide. These have lead to a population imbalance, of course, which people are predicting could lead to severe social problems in the future.
Spin me: com dot gmail at 1952 man hampshire
Unregistered ?

Please don't assume that all religious people are right-wing Republican nut-jobs. (I have no idea about the Duggars....I think they are Republican actually...the father was a state legistor in Arkansas). That's so out-of-date. There's also a "religious left" if anyone cares to look beyond stereotypes of religious people. I'm a Chrisitian, and I'm about as "lefty" as you get.

Anyway, this is a website about masturbation, an activity shared by all....the religous and irreligious....Republicans and Democrats. Let's chat about jerking off, shall we?

35 year old curious
marriedjacker29 said:
Please don't assume that all religious people are right-wing Republican nut-jobs. (I have no idea about the Duggars....I think they are Republican actually...the father was a state legistor in Arkansas). That's so out-of-date. There's also a "religious left" if anyone cares to look beyond stereotypes of religious people. I'm a Chrisitian, and I'm about as "lefty" as you get.

Anyway, this is a website about masturbation, an activity shared by all....the religous and irreligious....Republicans and Democrats. Let's chat about jerking off, shall we?

You certainly make a valid point Marriedjacker about there being Christians on the left as well as the right. But I will still insist that the CRAZY acting ones are mostly on the right. Remember the Tea Party protesters holding pictures of our President as Adolph Hitler, and screaming about Mr. Obama's "Nazi" program? Those people were certainly Bible thumpers who voted Republican.

As for this website being about Masturbation. That's true, but we could also note that our website administration has identified the "Coffee Shop" as a forum for, and I quote "casual discussion about everything and anything." So if someone wants to comment about something other than playing with our dicks, that is clearly OK.
pacer Novice Jackinchatter

93 posts since 2006-06-15
57 year old from West Coast,USA
I can hardly wait til one of the kids writes a Tell-All book about the hell their publicity-seeking parents put them through. Religion entirely aside, their contribution to the planet's overpopulation, along with the media's support of this, is so typical of what's wrong with the world.

At least jacking doesn't contribute to excess of people!
Unregistered ?

Kent,

I am a "right winger", but I am against all forms social irresponsibility. IF they can afford to have the kids, where is it your business. Being that we live in a democratic republic, people are allowed to engage in many forms of legal deviance.

35 year old curious
hardnbulging said:
Kent,

I am a "right winger", but I am against all forms social irresponsibility. IF they can afford to have the kids, where is it your business. Being that we live in a democratic republic, people are allowed to engage in many forms of legal deviance.

Well, I'm certainly not suggesting that what they are doing is illegal in this democratic republic. But it surely is socially irresponsible....and arguably a form of child abuse. And I certainly feel free to criticize them and their bizarre religious practices. As for my suggestion as to their likely politics, could anyone have any doubt that these crazy people are right wing Republicans, and assuredly NOT liberal Democrats? Only the right wingers in American politics are this crazy, and I feel free to point that out. Lord knows the right wing Republicans spend plenty of time criticizing...and demonizing....everyone who disagrees with them.

Unregistered ?

I consider myself more right than left, and Im a devout athiest. It's no ones business how many kids these people have, nor is anyone's business if a private company wants to make a crappy reality show about them. The idea that the goddamn government should have any say in how many children you can have is asinine. some help me if i spelled asinine wrong.
Page: of 3   next > 
Index » General » Coffee Shop » The Duggar Family