JackinChat forums are temporarily in read-only mode. Will be back soon!
Message Boards
Index » JackinChat » About JackinChat » Virus Warning
Page: of 2   next > 
Str8Male74 Amateur Jackinchatter

406 posts since 2005-08-16
49 year old heterosexual male from Illinois

Recently when I've come on to the site the site switched to another web page saying it was analyzing. Yesterday it tried to download a malcious virus by coming to the site. I caught it in time thankfully.
Add a reply Quote this post
User is offline Send Message to User View User Profile
jayskay302 Amateur Jackinchatter

339 posts since 2007-06-03
48 year old heterosexual from Canada
That happened to me too...caught it in time thankfully as well...watch out!!
Ben Enlightened Jackinchatter
Cock of the walk
2998 posts since 2005-07-18
45 year old curious from St Paul, Minnesota
Wow that sucks, I have forwarded this info to the site owner. Any other details you guys can provide, the better.
I'm just a guy
Bigolly Amateur Jackinchatter

117 posts since 2009-10-06
bisexual from Southeast U.S. (La.)
I'm sorry to say that it happened to me, as well. I was really surprised, and disappointed. I immediately shut everything down, rebooted, and ran my anti-virus program, and voila, all was well, .... so far. I thought this may've been something I'd instigated, but now I see that I wasn't the only one to have this "thing" try to get in. Ben, I hope you managed to do whatever you have to do to prevent, or at least lessen the chances of this happening again. It seems to be "safe", now. A curse on the assholes who do this crap! I, for one, depend on this site for ...... Yep, all that, and more. See ya'.
Always ready to chat and stroke it when I'm online!!
Unregistered ?

This has not happened to me, ever, on our site... Just for your information... grin And, thanks for that!

Was it from that cursed "Jasmine" site that comes up when you go to XTube and all the other "tube" sites? I hate them!

Ben Enlightened Jackinchatter
Cock of the walk
2998 posts since 2005-07-18
45 year old curious from St Paul, Minnesota
I visit the site many times throughout the day and I've never seen anything virus related though.
I'm just a guy
Administrator Amateur Jackinchatter
Administrator
334 posts since 2004-10-24
heterosexual male from Canada
JackinChat Staff MemberAdministrator's Avatar
Hi guys - some background on the ads we run here.

1 - We only run text ads from an external host. Those you see in the sidebar. We don't run banners, flash ads, overlays, pop-ups, redirects, or anything like that.

2 - The banners you do see on the site, are ones I've put there and they are hosted on jackinchat itself (no external script rotates them in).

So in order for something malicious to end up on the site, I would have either had to put it there (which I didn't razz), or it would have had to come in through the text ads code. Since we're using a reputable ad network (adbrite), that seems unlikely but plausible.

Finally, it's possible the site was hacked somehow and someone was able to insert malicious script. I've had a look through the code and don't see anything suspicious.

If anyone has any further information on this, I take this sort of thing very seriously and will investigate further.

It's possible your browsers were already infected with something prior to your visit here which is designed to randomly redirect you to the malicious site. A common tactic is to infect you with something, then try to sell you the cure.

If you're running Windows, I strongly suggest running Microsoft Security Essentials. It's free, lightweight virus protection and far better than stuff like AVG or Avast.

Secondly, if you use Internet Explorer, I would strongly suggest downloading Firefox, or Google Chrome. They are far less prone to these sorts of attacks.
rob_39 Amateur Jackinchatter

112 posts since 2008-12-20
54 year old curious male from florida
this happened to me as well. Perhaps last week, but fairly recently. As soon as the JC page started to come up, a large white screen replaced it, showing "scanning your computer" If you tried to close it , you got a pop up box. I used task manager to kill ie. I run norton's, always updated, and fairly computer literate. I assumed a bad banner ad was the cause. Perhaps someone's profile pic has an exploit embeded in it ?
Unregistered ?

I also had it happen, probably a week ago. I've encountered the same thing occasionally at other web sites. If you don't stop it right away, it starts replicating pop-ups. Using task manager to shutdown Internet Explorer seems to end it.
NYCGUY Amateur Jackinchatter

255 posts since 2009-08-19
49 year old curious from New York City
I receive the same thing every time I log on to JC.
This happened ever since I read sn "Pantycouple" profile
Unregistered ?

i got it too....cant stop it
Masturbation_Master1 Novice Jackinchatter

52 posts since 2011-01-31
62 year old bisexual from Metairie, Louisiana.
It also attacked me.and would'ent let me log on.for a few day's. then it seemed to fix it's self.???
I AM BIOLOGICALLY DEPENDANT TO MASTURBATION
papabare Amateur Jackinchatter

425 posts since 2006-12-30
85 year old bisexual from Chicago, IL, northeast: East Rogers Park
I identified the problem on my mobile device...It's the Fleshlight virus. The screen is so tiny that as the page loads, any jiggle of my stylus sends me to the Fleshlight demo. Cute girl, but not what I wanted.
PM me for phonetext info: [email protected].
headerfatty Professional Jackinchatter

1354 posts since 2010-01-18
62 year old curious from Hou Tx
a virus can be hard to remove ,if you have one you may have to shut down your comp then turn on and hit f8 and run in safe mode, then use malware bytes to remove what ever you have if this does not work ,dl r kill and run then rum malware bytes again .
Mel Amateur Jackinchatter

402 posts since 2007-01-22
84 year old bisexual from east Texas
Happened to me to caught it in time to
like a jackoff buddie in or around the 936 area code area
Page: of 2   next > 
Index » JackinChat » About JackinChat » Virus Warning