JackinChat forums are temporarily in read-only mode. Will be back soon!
Message Boards
Index » Masturbation » For Him » Craig's list for jo buddy
Page: of 1  
olderguy59 Novice Jackinchatter

59 posts since 2011-03-07
72 year old heterosexual
Anybody ever find a jo buddy on Craig's list. I posted an interest in finding one and have gotten several responses that sound promising. Now I'm just trying to get the nerve up to go through with it. Anybody else got any stories to relate.
Add a reply Quote this post
User is offline Send Message to User View User Profile
pacer Novice Jackinchatter

93 posts since 2006-06-15
57 year old from West Coast,USA
Just make sure you meet in a neutral place first - coffee house, etc. There are lots of really strange people haunting CraigsList, as well as possible "real" ones...
nsadude Amateur Jackinchatter

238 posts since 2010-12-08
63 year old curious male from Alaska
Sounds fun but I'm also too chicken to actually make it happen. I read bad stories, including my state couple years back. Other than the fact of lifetime embarrassment, sounds fun.
JackinUncut Amateur Jackinchatter

196 posts since 2008-12-07
53 year old heterosexual from North West Georgia
All I can think of when I hear Craigslist, is the movie. The Craigslist Killer, I know he killed women but still....
A mind is like a door or a window, it only works when open.
Unregistered ?

I'm with you JackInUncut. Even here you never know what's out there but at least you have the opportunity to work up to it. E-mail, to chat, to c2c, etc. Craigslist just seems like an "all in". I think there are other/better ways to meet someone than Craigslist personals. The Craigslist killer is one extreme, but there are plenty that would love to set you up and rob you. I've been thinking of taking it to the next "in-person" level but want to do it safely, not because my dick is telling me I've got to do something now.
olderguy59 Novice Jackinchatter

59 posts since 2011-03-07
72 year old heterosexual
Thanks guys, I appreciate the input. I think I might just leave Craigslist alone.
Fillin Novice Jackinchatter

73 posts since 2011-04-17
45 year old heterosexual from Michigan
I had my first ever JO-Bud experience through CL about 3 weeks ago. I live in a much smaller area but was still kinda nervous about being setup and such, so it helped that my first experience I had 2 others show up even though one ended up leaving shortly after.

I chatted with both of these guys before I went through with the meet, had one of the guys cell phone number in my phone with texts since I was giving him directions. The other I gave directions through Gmail (also on my phone but he sent me a face pic); but I was cautious of what and how to do it though.

First thing is I took my wallet and all my identification and hid it in my cars trunk. (kept some cash in my pocket to make it believable) Then I hid my cell phone with its power off in the room. Also told the Motel clerk I had a couple old friends coming over and they could end up getting loud after drinking so please dont hesitate to come knocking on the door to tell us to shut up.

I don't want to let my first experience to make me more trustworthy of others because it went well though. This week a guy I have been communicating with (through CL) suddenly wants to get together for a jerk. I say suddenly because we were both really cautious talking to one another..feeling each other out but once I sent him my face pic he went gung-ho and 2 emails later asking if we could meet this week. I'm hoping because like me he was worried we might be acquainted but he hasn't sent me a face pic yet...so.. I don't know.

All in all, finding someone for this type of activity if you have to ask for it in an open and anonymous environment is always going to be risky. If this was something you could just ask "ANY" guy friend you had it would be a different story. Unfortunately although this behavior is quite normal and prevalent it involves things of a sexual nature and therefore as such is stigmatized.

I wouldn't abandon CL, I mean you're a decent guy posting on it right? Don't you think other decent guys are posting on it too? Your best bet honestly is to be honest with the guys you are talking too. If you both trust each other enough through emails that you can share cell phone numbers, start texting and possibly even calling...chances are that person isn't out to rob or kill you (would leave a very messy trail back to them).

Also not sure if it makes much difference but with all the easy marks (explicit adds) from people who need nothing more then an address to meet someone for some NSA I think going after someone like you would be too much work for them.

Good luck!

Be not proud when victorious, do not give up when defeated.
shepm00n Amateur Jackinchatter

123 posts since 2010-08-08
72 year old bisexual from Minnesota
I've had a few successes with CL. The approach I'd advise is..DON'T BE DESPERATE. That is, don't jump at just anything, take your time finding someone. Often in the ads you'll see something like, "no endless emails" or somesuch. DON'T do it that way! Ask for a few emails (or some IMs) back and forth to get a feel for someone. Make sure they understand you're only interested in j/o and that that's fine with them. As an older guy, I look for guys at least 45 and older; I figure they're more likely to be in a similar frame of mind to me. Pass by anyone who complains about your caution or slow pace. Good luck!
JackinUncut Amateur Jackinchatter

196 posts since 2008-12-07
53 year old heterosexual from North West Georgia
shepm00n said:
I've had a few successes with CL. The approach I'd advise is..DON'T BE DESPERATE. That is, don't jump at just anything, take your time finding someone. Often in the ads you'll see something like, "no endless emails" or some such. DON'T do it that way! Ask for a few emails (or some IMs) back and forth to get a feel for someone. Make sure they understand you're only interested in j/o and that that's fine with them. As an older guy, I look for guys at least 45 and older; I figure they're more likely to be in a similar frame of mind to me. Pass by anyone who complains about your caution or slow pace. Good luck!

Sound Advice.....very sound. Workable even.
A mind is like a door or a window, it only works when open.
ChiGuy27 Novice Jackinchatter

6 posts since 2011-02-19
40 year old heterosexual from Chicago
I've actually had surprisingly good experiences on CL. Met a couple j/o buds that ended up being a more-than-one-time thing. I agree with the person above in that you should definitely chat over email or IM, and if your bullshit detector goes off, then move on. It's hard for creeps to hide that they are creepy. I also won't go to parts of the city that I don't know very well. In fact, I pretty much stuck to walking distance... one of the benefits of living in a big city.
slipjerker Amateur Jackinchatter

221 posts since 2008-07-09
77 year old heterosexual from Dallas, TX
I've had success using CL half a dozen times. As mentioned, ALWAYS use caution and common sense about meeting someone - make the first meeting take place in a public, safe place. Don't ever give out sensitive personal info. When posting, be VERY specific about what you want or are willing to do AND what you are NOT willing to do or NOT interested in - for example: "looking to stroke or suck ONLY - NO fucking or anal of any kind!"

Also indicate any preferences you may have clearly, for example: "looking for white male, no older than 45, HWP (height weight proporionate), cut, shaved or trimmed crotch, " - that sort of thing. The more clear and specific you are about what you're looking for and want to do, the better the odds of getting responses from folks who DO meet your requirements!

You'll still get the goofballs responding too - I just contacted a guy who seemed promising and sent him a few pics. He immediately emailed back that the pics were "fake" and "not really you"! ! ! The guy's a paranoid delusional nut case and I won't ever communicate with him again! If someone triggers your 'bullshit alarm' - trust your instincts and cease all communication with them!!!

And never, NEVER send anyone your home address and/or driving directions until the last possible second before they are going to leave to come over!!! Do NOT send them your address the night before or earlier - if the meeting falls apart and isn't going to happen, you don't want someone ELSE to already HAVE your address, ya know????? Wait till the last possible moment to give them THAT information! ! !

You can have some good times with folks from CL - just be prudent, careful, and exercise caution and common sense when dealing with folks on there!!! I wonder why I waited all those years to jerk off with a guy in person!!! It's a hoot and I LOVE doing it! ! ! LOL laugh)
Will masturbate in person :)
Fillin Novice Jackinchatter

73 posts since 2011-04-17
45 year old heterosexual from Michigan
I agree with Slip!

Unfortunately CL loves to ghost adds so you have to dumb them down to levels that really don't allow you to be as specific as you want to be.

I made it a point to respond to everyone who sent me a response to my add with some basic pleasantries as well as other basic general info first. Then I kept sharing more and more information with them until finally we shared face pics and once in a while cock shots. I will admit sharing with a potential jack off buddy your likes and dislikes as well as your fantasies really build up for your first meeting.

Anyways I'm sad you're contemplating not going through with a CL add to find a jackoff buddy only because I don't know how you're going to find one.
Be not proud when victorious, do not give up when defeated.
Page: of 1  
Index » Masturbation » For Him » Craig's list for jo buddy