JackinChat forums are temporarily in read-only mode. Will be back soon!
Message Boards
Index » General » Coffee Shop » Like or Dislike Piercings
Page: of 1  
Unregistered ?

I know everybody is different in their opinions and people can be very opinionated especially about stuff like body piercing...but I'm thinking about getting my navel pierced for a post of some sort there and can't make up my mind if I should or not. I wonder what everyone's opinion is about body piercings (whether you think it's right or wrong to pierce your body in places so as to wear jewelry, any experiences you might have had (good and bad) with people that do piercings or good or bad aspects of the pierce itself... stuff like that. I know it could be different between a guy versus a girl. I don't think I want anything to crazy or wild, just a navel piercing to wear a post or ring, something pretty. I don't think I'd ever want to get something crazier done like nipple rings or post or anything like that, but yea... I'd just be curious what other people here think about piercing? Of course ears are pretty normal and even tongues and noses or cheeks are seen so much now anyway. Some I think look really sexy but others I see or ones that that a few people I know have actually ruin their looks to some degree I think. Anyway, I'm pretty scared to even get a shot at the doctor much less getting holes in my body (I do have piersed ears tho... who doesn't right?) put in, but I do definitely like most or a whole bunch of pierced jewelry.
Add a reply Quote this post
Rod Enlightened Jackinchatter

3032 posts since 2005-08-13
53 year old bisexual from Dallas, TX
I don't think it's "right" or "wrong." That's up to each individual.

For the most part, I'm pretty indifferent to piercings. As you say, I've seen some that look sexy, and some...well...not so much. Nipple piercings kinda turn me off...but then, maybe it's because I'm a "breast man," so I like 'em as they come from the factory. wink
User is offline Send Message to User View User Profile
Andine Novice Jackinchatter

7 posts since 2007-06-17
41 year old bisexual from US
I will start out by saying that I like piercings. I have several, all in my ears, that I love. They are simply another form of expression, like clothing, make-up, tatoos, or other jewelry. Many people think that they are a way of getting attention, and yes, in some ways they are. I like it when people ask me about mine, but even if they didn't I'd still love them. Get what you want because you want it, because you feel that it fits who you are.

As for the pain...I've had several cartilage piercings and it definately depends on where you get them. Not necessarily the thickness of the tissue that the needle has to go through, but the exposure of the area. The more exposed the area the more prone it is to getting caught and causing pain. The initial pain is fast, a good piercer knows his/her shit and won't drag it out, so go to a piercing parlor, not a place in the mall that does lobes with a gun. Also, know your body. I had to find out the hard way that I was allergic to stainless steel (yes, stainless steel). Do some research too. Not only on the internet, but ask people you know for recommendations. If you're truly nervous have a friend go with you. I was very nervous my first time, but afterwards...
So go, get pierced, enjoy it.
i am to misbehave
Unregistered ?

Wow, thanks Andine! I've wondered about if the post would get caught and yank on me and hurt me. I guess I'd just have to be careful. And I guess if i get a post with a low profile too, that would help I'm sure. I"d definitely want to go to someone who knows what they're doing and does stuff in a sanitary way. A girl I know got her nostril piered by someone that I guess wasn't professional and it ended up getting infected. She said it hurt pretty bad for a week and a half and it got sort of swollen and pretty red and looked terrible for some time. Yikes, that'd be a pain... literally. It was so obvious, red and swollen, she was always embarrassed to be seen by people, especially in school by her friends and everybody really. I do have to check around if I decide to get something done, there's know one around here very close that I can go to to have my belly button pierced. I guess I do want to get my navel done for the attention. lol I mean that's pretty much why you wear jewelry in the first place, huh. I guess the big deal with me is that I'll be sorry I have it done, sort of like I've heard it is sometimes with a tat, but then I suppose it's not as bad because I could just not wear the post and it'd just grow shut like ears do if you don't wear earings in them. Anyway (I just gotta say it), I don't know how someone can get pierced in places that seem like it'd be super super sensitive like girls or guys in their nipples or other sexual places like vagina lips or for guys that I have seen pictures of too, in their penis. Yikes! That would really scare me doing something there. And yea, if I do go to get my belly button pierced, I'll definitely bring a friend with. I'll need a hand to hold... or I mean squeeze probably. Ha! Thanks for your advice!
lisagurlie Novice Jackinchatter

5 posts since 2007-07-12
39 year old curious
The best thing about piercings is that if you decide you don't like it, you can just take it out after and let it heal up. I say go for it.
Alistoria Amateur Jackinchatter

130 posts since 2007-03-10
heterosexual from Another Place and Time~
Hello Firefly...
I have nipple and clit piercing's and love them. They were intensly painful getting them for a second, but I was prepared for that when I went for them...so I just considered them to be a right of passage in a ritual kind of way. But again, I just love mine!
Make sure that you get someone with a good rep and go in for a consultation before you choose your person to do it.
Enjoy...
Alistoria~
Time well spent~
Unregistered ?

Oh my gosh that has got to hurt for sure. I can't imagine what that would feel like. Do you get some sort of local anesthetic first before getting pierced? I know I'd be too chicken to get it done were you have especially down there on my clitoris. But so does your jewelry get in the way when you are having sex? Or hurt at all or feel uncomfortable when you're doing stuff? I would think the clit piercing would definitely interfere, at least when someone's rubbing you there or doing it to yourself too? So you mean find someone with a good reputation for doing piercings, right? That would make a whole lot of sense. Anyway, does jewelry down there get in the way when someone is sharing oral stuff with you? What do you wear there too I wonder? Like a ring or post or just what? I'd say you're awefully brave to have that done were you have. Did it bleed and hurt long afterward too or just right when you where pierced? Infection at all? You guys have really got me wondering about everything now for sure. Thanks.
Stagebear Amateur Jackinchatter

103 posts since 2007-07-05
62 year old homosexual

From a guys perspective:
Both nipples and five scrotum piercings here (see pic).
Hurt? Yup, for a red hot two seconds. Then endorphins kick in and no problem. Keep the piercing clean and there's no residual problems.
Bleeding? Minimal, like a cut.
For me, sexual feeling is enhanced, especially in the nipples, they grow and become nicely sensitive.
The scrotum ones are just exciting to have and fun to tug on.
Anything more than a handful is...probably in my mouth.
Alistoria Amateur Jackinchatter

130 posts since 2007-03-10
heterosexual from Another Place and Time~
Stagebear has answered well some of your questions...For the nipple piercings, I imagine they are pretty much the same for male and female in terms of sensual sensitivity... I would imagine the pain would be the same also. I equated it to a small serated spear piercing through my skin, LOL because it is. But Stagebear is also right...it only lasts for a brief second and then there is only sensitivity. The healing process is for some time and then after a couple of months, you don't notice it. It does take some time for it to heal internally. Cleanliness is a must! But......after all that, the sensation is amazing! You can choose different jewelry to your liking. I kept the nipple rings the same. But had my clit bars and balls increased. It took me a little bit of time to get used to them, but now they feel so good...Orally and during self stimulation. I don't at all regret having it done. It only intensifies the pleasure!!! They even have clit bars with little vibrators on the ends that you can switch on and off. They certainly bring a new joy to the definition of pleasure...
Alistoria~
Time well spent~
Unregistered ?

I think certain piercings are hot, but not all. I guess I like the ones that go in places to accent looks like eyebrow, lip, nipple, genitals, and ears. I don't like the ones that are just there to be there like the libre or the toungue. I really think gauging is nasty. ok that is my opinion.
Page: of 1  
Index » General » Coffee Shop » Like or Dislike Piercings