JackinChat forums are temporarily in read-only mode. Will be back soon!
Message Boards
Index » General » Coffee Shop » Any Christians?
Page: of 16   next > 
airic82 Novice Jackinchatter

52 posts since 2005-08-13
41 year old heterosexual male from Ohio
Hey:

I was just wondering if there were any Christians around?

Peace,
Eric
Add a reply Quote this post
User is offline Send Message to User View User Profile
Unregistered ?

Yes.
bobinusa Amateur Jackinchatter

210 posts since 2006-05-29
72 year old heterosexual male from Indiana
Here.
sircumference Skilled Jackinchatter

615 posts since 2007-02-05
59 year old homosexual from alabama
not a perfect one here but yes, what's on your mind?
"give a buddy a hand, he wants it more than you know.."
eurowanker Amateur Jackinchatter

149 posts since 2006-07-04
85 year old homosexual from West Midlands UK

A believer here too.
Keep it healthy, keep it hard.
airic82 Novice Jackinchatter

52 posts since 2005-08-13
41 year old heterosexual male from Ohio
sircumference said:
not a perfect one here but yes, what's on your mind?

Nothing on my mind per se just seeing. I'd be interested in talking some time to you guys too. Look my up on Yahoo or MSG me here.

-Eric
justadirtyolman Amateur Jackinchatter

159 posts since 2006-05-25
65 year old heterosexual from oklahoma
hedonistic, wiccan, tree worshiper here
stroke it til it hurts
STR8ME123 Novice Jackinchatter

64 posts since 2008-06-28
38 year old from LA
yeh, Im Christian...but not into discussions of Jesus or anything. Ill contribute below...

38 year old from LA
Genesis 38:6-9 -- The sin of Onan:

This passage describes how Tamar's first husband Er was killed by God because he was wicked. Under ancient Jewish tradition, Er's brother Onan was required to marry and engage in sexual intercourse with Tamar. Widows were not asked whether they wanted to remarry. In many cases, the woman would have experienced the sexual activity as a form of rape -- something required by tribal tradition which they had to endure. Similarly, nobody consulted the widow's brother-in-law about his wishes in the matter.

Their first son would be attributed to Er. Because any offspring would not be considered his child, Onan decided to use a common and relatively ineffective contraceptive technique to prevent conception. He employed "coitus interruptus". That is, he disengaged from Tamar just before he ejaculated, and "spilled his semen on the ground." (NIV) God was displeased at this action and killed Onan also -- presumably because he refused to follow Jewish tradition.

This passage was used until recent decades by some Christian groups who maintained that Onan's sin was actually masturbation. The term "Onanism" was coined as a synonym of masturbation. This interpretation is no longer in common use.

38 year old from LA
I disagree with this...

Masturbation and Lust

One of the major sexual issues discussed throughout scripture is lust. Jesus condemned lust in the heart as adultery in Matthew. While most advertising, television shows, movies, magazines, and more promote lust, the New Testament describes it as a sin. Many Christians see masturbation as a form of lust, if your lust is causing you to masturbate.

Matthew 5:28 – “You have heard that it was said, ‘Do not commit adultery.’ But I tell you that anyone who has looked a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart."
Unregistered ?

Yes I am also Christian, however, Whilst I have no axe to grind with Christ himself,I would certainly take issue with those, by whose right I don't know, feel that they were set on this earth to pontificate,and even pass judgement on the personal behaviour of the rest of us. I accept without reservation that certain things are wrong, and we should not do them, save exceptional circumstances, but I strongly believe that the person who lives his life having respect for others and accepting them as they are, this includes their beliefs and what some of the hard liners would call their failings,then the world would be a more congenial place to live in, and furthermore, would be closer to the teachings of Christ. Naturally, I speake with no authority in this matter and happily accept the views of those who would wish to take issue with my position.
leapingdeer Amateur Jackinchatter

272 posts since 2008-06-29
83 year old curious male from Northern Illinois
Yes, I am a Christian and have been all of my life as I was raised in a Christian home.

38 year old from LA
yorks_wanker_50 said:
Yes I am also Christian, however, Whilst I have no axe to grind with Christ himself,I would certainly take issue with those, by whose right I don't know, feel that they were set on this earth to pontificate,and even pass judgement on the personal behaviour of the rest of us. I accept without reservation that certain things are wrong, and we should not do them, save exceptional circumstances, but I strongly believe that the person who lives his life having respect for others and accepting them as they are, this includes their beliefs and what some of the hard liners would call their failings,then the world would be a more congenial place to live in, and furthermore, would be closer to the teachings of Christ. Naturally, I speake with no authority in this matter and happily accept the views of those who would wish to take issue with my position.

Well said...
gator1 Amateur Jackinchatter

218 posts since 2008-06-25
71 year old heterosexual from Texas
I agree...it was well said. I, too, am Christian. I also love to masturbate.
eurowanker Amateur Jackinchatter

149 posts since 2006-07-04
85 year old homosexual from West Midlands UK
In a tribal society where every male was required to man the walls at it were, any man not contributing (ie: marrying and producing offspring) would have been subjected to censure.

Today the situation is, if anything, reversed. The world is not only becoming overcrowded but we have a far better understanding of sexuality. Demanding that all sexcual activity should be in exclusively in furtherance of procreation flies in the face of reason. If this position were in fact the "Will of God" sex would have been damned painful and unpleasant - we all know that this is not the case - sex is, or should be in my book, at least pleasant if not actually fun.

Personally I cannot accept the mediaeval dogma that, as an unmarried man, I should sit and smoulder.

Keep it healthy, keep it hard.
Page: of 16   next > 
Index » General » Coffee Shop » Any Christians?