JackinChat forums are temporarily in read-only mode. Will be back soon!
Message Boards
Index » General » Coffee Shop » Jackinmail Spam Bans
Page: of 1  
Kent Professional Jackinchatter

1500 posts since 2008-06-28
35 year old curious
I've noticed that the Jackinmail spam from the accounts of "women" who have read your profile and love you and want you to come to their website is now generally met with "temporary" bans having an expiration date.

Seems a reasonable approach from the site moderators who do a great job of keeping spam off the site. But I recall that in the past, the bans I would read generally said they were permanent. Is this a change in policy or a change in mods?

Any problem with sex spam recidivism?

Don't like to brag, but my profile pic and avatar are catnip to females. Well.......at least spammers. Well.......sort of......occasionally. wink
Add a reply Quote this post
User is offline Send Message to User View User Profile
William99 Amateur Jackinchatter

157 posts since 2011-11-08
48 year old bisexual
I've noticed the temporary bans too. Seems sensible to do that, and I haven't noticed any increase in spam activity.
Rod Enlightened Jackinchatter

3032 posts since 2005-08-13
53 year old bisexual from Dallas, TX
Hmmm...not doing anything different on this end. But, there have been some code hiccups on bans that are intended to be temporary as the owner works on some bug fixes. This could be another side effect of that.

Can one of you provide an example that I can take a look at?
Kent Professional Jackinchatter

1500 posts since 2008-06-28
35 year old curious
On 10/24/06, I received three (identical) Jackinmails with the same time stamp from "Cflo." Just a routine jerkoff message, but when I clicked on the name to look at the profile, I got this message:

"This account has been suspended temporarily. The issuing moderator provided the following reason: no "family" chat.

The ban will be lifted on 2016-11-28."

I thought that perhaps the account was in fact reinstated on 11/28, since I see that I can reply to the messages (to User ID 100219.) However, when I did a Profiles search for "Cflo", it still shows the "temporary" ban message with the expiration date of 11/28. So you still can't access the profile, even though the 11/28 date has expired.

So I was confused about seeing "temporary" Jackinmail bans (when as I recall, I've seen permanent ones in the past,) but with an expiration date that doesn't seem to apply.

Not complaining one way or the other, but just curious.

--------------

Another one on the same date had the same expiration date for the temporary ban, with the reason being "Spam." This one included a picture with a hypertext link to a sex site.

This account name was "KatieDulgence"
Page: of 1  
Index » General » Coffee Shop » Jackinmail Spam Bans