JackinChat forums are temporarily in read-only mode. Will be back soon!
Message Boards
Index » General » Coffee Shop » Spam spam spam spam spamity spam, spamity spam!
Page: of 1  
BiRick Amateur Jackinchatter

252 posts since 2015-01-29
63 year old bisexual
To quote the great Monty Python song...

Has anyone else noticed a real increase of spam on here of late? I see two main kinds, first just blatant spam. "Click here for sexy dating".

The second is more subtle, the message looks real but has a link to a spam site embedded into it. One example I just saw:

"Does anyone else like watching their girlfriend use sexy toys? It's just hot."

Only the sexy toys in italics would be a link to a sexy toys website.

I've also been getting more and more "hi sexy click here to talk to me" or similar spam in my jackin mailbox.

Used to be I never saw stuff like this, now it's a regular occurrence. Are the spammers getting better, or do the filters need updating?

I also don't see a button on a forum post to report it as spam, am I missing it somewhere?

I know it's not easy to run a site like this, and appreciate the hard work the admins put into it. But wanted to see if this was a "just me" or if others were noting it too.
Add a reply Quote this post
User is offline Send Message to User View User Profile
Unregistered ?

Yes, there has been an increase of spam.
Funnily enough your post has got me thinking about Carol Cleveland.
Strange how the mind works.
Dman Professional Jackinchatter

2099 posts since 2015-06-14
70 year old heterosexual from Western US
Very annoying...

Click on their profile. "Report this profile"...
Master edger, labia licker, nipple tugger and veteran voyeur.
Wanker78 Enlightened Jackinchatter

3837 posts since 2015-07-08
heterosexual male
BiRick said:
To quote the great Monty Python song...

Has anyone else noticed a real increase of spam on here of late? I see two main kinds, first just blatant spam. "Click here for sexy dating".

The second is more subtle, the message looks real but has a link to a spam site embedded into it. One example I just saw:

"Does anyone else like watching their girlfriend use sexy toys? It's just hot."

Only the sexy toys in italics would be a link to a sexy toys website.

I've also been getting more and more "hi sexy click here to talk to me" or similar spam in my jackin mailbox.

Used to be I never saw stuff like this, now it's a regular occurrence. Are the spammers getting better, or do the filters need updating?

I also don't see a button on a forum post to report it as spam, am I missing it somewhere?

I know it's not easy to run a site like this, and appreciate the hard work the admins put into it. But wanted to see if this was a "just me" or if others were noting it too.

Yes, hint about a 17 year old on this site and you will get banned in heartbeat . Post dozens of spam messages here and also on personal mail and you can do this with immunity.
Colossal Pervert- Think I'll treat myself to my third wank today
Gunstar69 Professional Jackinchatter

2056 posts since 2011-06-13
73 year old bisexual male from S/E Michigan outside of Detroit
I have reported 2 today. It's getting bad.
JoeDredd Novice Jackinchatter

47 posts since 2016-05-03
47 year old
Really takes the fucking joy out of thinking you have a genuine message when you log in, spamming cunts
Rod Enlightened Jackinchatter

3032 posts since 2005-08-13
53 year old bisexual from Dallas, TX
Wanker78 said:
Yes, hint about a 17 year old on this site and you will get banned in heartbeat . Post dozens of spam messages here and also on personal mail and you can do this with immunity.

No, you do not. You get banned just as quickly. And, unlike most underage posts, incest posts, or most other posts in violation of the TOS, we have been going through and clearing out the spam posts. That cleanup may not be done at the time of the ban, because it is easier to do from a computer than from a phone.

But, yeah...by all means, complain about how unfair it is when the TOS is enforced. That is not likely to make us think we should keep an eye on your posts at all.

Just as a reminder, this site is made up of 100% custom code. The owner (who writes the code) has been informed of the recent increased influx of spam, and additional moderation/ban tools have been requested. When and if they can be put into place are dependent upon his availability and what impact the new code would have on the existing code.
Woodentop Professional Jackinchatter

1502 posts since 2015-02-27
33 year old heterosexual male from Suffolk, UK
Wanker78 said:

impunity
My favourite pastime -- http://www.redtube.com/1512073
homealonewanker Skilled Jackinchatter

556 posts since 2016-11-16
55 year old heterosexual male from Dorset, UK
In fairness, the sheer numbers of spam posts, and the speed in which they appear, would seem to indicate that a bot is operating. There's only so much you can do with that sort of thing, and pretty much no way to keep up with it.

Just wish the idiots who do it would go find something better to do with their clearly empty lives.
It's my willy and I'll wank if I want to...
BiRick Amateur Jackinchatter

252 posts since 2015-01-29
63 year old bisexual
Just to be clear, I wasn't trying to knock anyone. The mods do a great job, and it's true spam is hard to keep up with. I was just curious if it was my perception it was getting worse, or if it really was.

Also thanks for the tip on going to the profile and reporting that. I was looking on the individual message and not seeing anything.

homealonewanker said:
In fairness, the sheer numbers of spam posts, and the speed in which they appear, would seem to indicate that a bot is operating. There's only so much you can do with that sort of thing, and pretty much no way to keep up with it.

Just wish the idiots who do it would go find something better to do with their clearly empty lives.

At the risk of saying this publicly, they have been running on a 30 minute cycle, making 6 posts at a time today, almost like clockwork.
homealonewanker Skilled Jackinchatter

556 posts since 2016-11-16
55 year old heterosexual male from Dorset, UK
Rod said:
At the risk of saying this publicly, they have been running on a 30 minute cycle, making 6 posts at a time today, almost like clockwork.

Like I say, impossible to keep on top of this level of bombardment.

Look at it this way. The fact that the people doing it feel like they'll get lots of attention here, just means the site itself must be doing something right in having so many people on it to annoy. hehe
It's my willy and I'll wank if I want to...
Page: of 1  
Index » General » Coffee Shop » Spam spam spam spam spamity spam, spamity spam!