JackinChat forums are temporarily in read-only mode. Will be back soon!
Message Boards
Index » General » Coffee Shop » Female Forum
Page: of 1  
Rodger Novice Jackinchatter

74 posts since 2008-07-22
45 year old bisexual
I posted a message on a thread in the female forum. A short time later, it disappeared without a trace. (A current posting there indirectly refers to it but does not quote it.) I assume that my post was deleted.

The message was innocuous in content and could not possibly have been any sort of a violation of the Terms of Service. So, I’m wondering if there are special restrictions about males posting in the female forum. (But there are lots of male postings there….probably more than female.)

Anybody else have any such problems posting in the female forum, or know of special rules there? In the male forum, I’ve seen posts that were hugely offensive and deliberately insulting to the website moderators that were not even deleted. So, I really don’t understand why my post disappeared.

I DO want to follow the rules. But there are apparently rules in the female forum that I don’t know about.
Add a reply Quote this post
User is offline Send Message to User View User Profile
Kent Professional Jackinchatter

1500 posts since 2008-06-28
35 year old curious
Rodger said:
I posted a message on a thread in the female forum. A short time later, it disappeared without a trace. (A current posting there indirectly refers to it but does not quote it.) I assume that my post was deleted.

The message was innocuous in content and could not possibly have been any sort of a violation of the Terms of Service. So, I’m wondering if there are special restrictions about males posting in the female forum. (But there are lots of male postings there….probably more than female.)

Anybody else have any such problems posting in the female forum, or know of special rules there?.........

I've posted in the female forum freely, and even initiated threads there. I've never had the moderators raise objections or had any posts deleted as you describe. Bummer!!
Unregistered ?

I wonder if it wasn't just a 'glitch' somehow. I'v made posts in the male forums np. I don't think there's any special rules for one different from the other's.
Ben Enlightened Jackinchatter
Cock of the walk
2998 posts since 2005-07-18
45 year old curious from St Paul, Minnesota
I will remove a lot of messages left by males in the For Her section when the original post is looking for opinions from other women. My effort to keep the conversation on track.

I'll also remove posts that are along the lines of "You sound hot, wanna private?"

Maybe I'm being a little too harsh on it. What does everyone think, let me know. I'd like to get some responses from the ladies regarding this too.
I'm just a guy
Rodger Novice Jackinchatter

74 posts since 2008-07-22
45 year old bisexual
I appreciate and respect Ben’s response explaining my deleted post on the "Female Squirting" thread in the "For Her" forum. I also appreciate his request for members’ opinions about it. So, I will gladly take up his invitation to respond. I don’t question for a moment the moderators’ responsibility and authority to set and enforce the rules. I will strive to follow all rules that apply to any aspect of the website operation. But I believe that those rules should be uniformly and consistently applied.

I don’t believe that I have ever read through a thread in the "For Her" Forum….explicitly addressed to women…..that was not followed by posts from male members. At the present time, I observe two posts, with numerous replies, on the first page of the female forum that definitely address women. One of those threads has 12 responses…..of which 6 are from men. The other one has 8 responses….of which 6 are from men. I have observed this pattern in countless other threads in the female forum which I read through frequently. In short, the rule of restricting threads addressed to the women to only women’s responses isn’t a rule that’s being followed at all……except at the occasional whim of the moderator. Once again, if it’s a rule, it should be uniformly and consistently applied.

BTW, the last time I looked at the "Female Squirting" thread, there are two new posts on this thread from which mine was deleted because I am a man. Both of these new posts are...yes....from men. They were posted on 2-21-09 at 7:11 AM and 12:15 PM. For fairness and consistency, these should be deleted or mine should be reinstated.

For the record, I posted on a thread which I found interesting. I believe that my comment was in the spirit of the thread and solidly on-topic. And I resent the inference that could easily be drawn from Ben’s post that my deleted message was of the “You sound hot, wanna private?” variety. Posts of this kind are of course an entirely different issue, and the question about my deleted post didn't deserve to be thrown into a discussion of such offensive and disrespectful messages. I would never post or send such a message.
Linda Novice Jackinchatter

96 posts since 2006-07-13
44 year old bisexual
FireFly said:
I wonder if it wasn't just a 'glitch' somehow. I'v made posts in the male forums np. I don't think there's any special rules for one different from the other's.

You have it right as far as I'm concerned FireFly. I don't think that the women's threads need to protected from men's responses any more than the men need to be protected from women's opinions. If I'm posting in the "For Her" forum and ask for women to express their opinions, it wouldn't occur to me that I would be restricting the total responses to women only. Thoughtful, resepectful on-topic male responses should always be welcome.
Kent Professional Jackinchatter

1500 posts since 2008-06-28
35 year old curious
I've not done the count, but I'm pretty sure that there are many more posts from men on the female forum than posts from women. Threads that I start there, asking for women's opinions, commonly have more responses from men than from women.

That's OK with me. I think it livens up the discussion. And it certainly makes for longer and more active and diverse threads.....if for no other reason than there are lots more men than women here. Restricting male participation makes the female forum just that much less active. And as it stands now, days pass between any postings on the female forum at all.

In my opinion Ben.....the posts from the guys are not a problem.

universitygirl Novice Jackinchatter

21 posts since 2008-11-20
37 year old bisexual from Canada
I don't think it is a problem fro guys to post on female forum any more than it is a problme for ladies to post on the guys forum. Isn't the purpose of this site to learn from each other. The only provision I would make is that everyone be respected. just because a posting does not agree with your thoughts is no excuse to be rude. Having siad that I have yet to find a rude posting.
Hardrocker Amateur Jackinchatter

356 posts since 2007-03-29
46 year old
Rodger said:
..............if it’s a rule, it should be uniformly and consistently applied............

but this ideal is seldom achieved. moderators are only human after all, and if you express an opinion they personally disagree with, they can usually find a good reason to delete it.
Cock of the walk
The people have spoken! I'll stop removing the male responses to posts in the For Her section. Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it!

Hardrocker said:
but this ideal is seldom achieved. moderators are only human after all, and if you express an opinion they personally disagree with, they can usually find a good reason to delete it.

Hardrocker, do you have any examples of posts being removed because I don't agree with them?
I'm just a guy

46 year old
Ben said:
The people have spoken! I'll stop removing the male responses to posts in the For Her section. Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it!

Hardrocker, do you have any examples of posts being removed because I don't agree with them?

Ben......I noticed that Rodger had started a thread on the subject in the 'For Him' forum. he expressed a rather strong opinion on the subject. you then posted on his thread and expressed a definitely contrary opinion. I then inferred that your difference of opinion with Rodger on the thread topic might have played some part in your decision to delete his original post in the female forum....especially since subsequent posts on the thread in the female forum were from male members and were not deleted.

I apologize to you for suggesting that a difference of opinion on the subject matter might have entered into your decision to delete Rodger's original post. I had inferred it as being likely, but of course I couldn't actually know your thoughts.

I certainly appreciate the fact that you asked for members' opinions on the general subject of deleting male posts from the female forum. and that you have responded positively to their opinions about it. asking members' opinions when such a question arises is a REALLY REALLY good idea. and you should be congratulated for it.
Cock of the walk
Hardrocker, I appreciate the apology but really there's no reason to start throwing around accusations about the staff here based on your observations of one incident. We're only human, and it does take a time investment on our part to run this free site.
I'm just a guy

46 year old
Ben said:
Hardrocker, I appreciate the apology but really there's no reason to start throwing around accusations about the staff here based on your observations of one incident. We're only human, and it does take a time investment on our part to run this free site.

To be clear, I have not been "throwing around accusations about the staff."

I made a single statement questioning your handling of a single matter. I apologized for that since only you can know your own motives.

I appreciate the effort that the moderators put in on the site. And I complimented you on your final resolution of the issue. So, compliments DO come your way, as well as the occasional criticism.
Page: of 1  
Index » General » Coffee Shop » Female Forum